Grand Prairie Drops Final Two Games in Amarillo
Amarillo- Continuing a game from Wednesday night the Amarillo Sox were able to edge out the Grand Prairie AirHogs (45-39) in two games 7-6 and 5-3 Thursday night at Sox Stadium. The first game was suspended Wednesday night because of rain and pushed it to Thursday. Game 1 went a full nine innings whereas the second game was seven innings.
Game 1 featured Angel Flores going 3-for-4 with a run scored and an RBI. Brandon Pinckney went 3-for-5 driving in a run and scoring himself. Andres Rodriguez went 2-for-4 in the game. The AirHogs combined for a total of 12 hits including almost pulling out the victory, scoring twice in the eighth. Brandon Bargas started the game and received the loss, going three innings and allowing six runs on eight hits. Bargas struck out one Sox player. Stephen Nikonchik pitched 3.1 innings allowing one run on three hits and striking out two. Jakob Cunningham pitched 1.2 innings allowing one hit but no runs and struck out two.
Game 2 saw Chad Mozingo going 2-for-4 scoring a run. Palmer Karr Jr. also went 2-for-4 in the game. Austin Newell hit for two out of the three at-bats he had driving in a run. Brandon Pinckney and Andres Rodriguez each went 1-for-3 scoring a run each and Pinckney hit an RBI as well. Getting the loss in Game 2 was Josh Strawn who went 4.1 innings allowing four runs on seven hits and striking out one. Boomer Potts went 1.1 innings allowing one run on two hits and struck out one. Jakob Cunningham got the final out of the game allowing no hits and no runs.
The AirHogs are back home at QuikTrip Park Friday night for the opener of the three-game series against the El Paso Diablos that begins at 7:05 p.m. Friday is Grand Prairie Parks, Arts & Recreation Night with the first 100 fans through the front gate getting a free AirHogs foam finger.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 16, 2013
- Crisp Baseball Earns 'Dogs Win in 13 Innings - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Birds hammer 'Cats for Ruwe's 10th win - Sioux Falls Canaries
- T-Bones Drown Goldeyes with a 16-Hit Performance - Kansas City T-Bones
- Guerra Dominant Again in Tough Loss - Wichita Wingnuts
- Goldeyes Fried by T-Bones in Series Opener - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Canaries Pound RailCats in 12-5 Defeat - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lucero And Explorers Shut Out St. Paul 6-0 - Sioux City Explorers
- Saints' Offense Silent in 6-0 Loss to Explorers - St. Paul Saints
- Cagey to introduce Peep to Canaries fans - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - August 16th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Go To Gophers For Outfield Assistance - St. Paul Saints
- Thursday's Game Rescheduled for Tuesday at Gary - Wichita Wingnuts
- RedHawks Acquire Bodishbaugh - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- RailCats and Wingnuts Rain Out Will Be Made Up Tuesday - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Upcoming Homestand: August 16-18 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- American Association Results - AA
- Grand Prairie Drops Final Two Games in Amarillo - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs Split Two, Share First - Laredo Lemurs
- Diablos split double header, and win series! - El Paso Diablos
- Sox finish two-day game victorious; plus one - Amarillo ThunderHeads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs