Goldeyes Add Former Yankees Farmhand
WINNIPEG, MB - The Winnipeg Goldeyes signed left-handed pitcher Justin Kamplain on Saturday.
Kamplain was a combined 3-2 with one save and a 4.59 ERA in 32 relief appearances last season at two levels of the New York Yankees' organization. Kamplain combined for 78 strikeouts in 66.2 innings (9.9 strikeouts per nine innings) for the Double-A Eastern League's Trenton Thunder and the High-A Florida State League's Tampa Tarpons. Kamplain allowed just one home run all season.
Kamplain was drafted by the Yankees in the 14^th round in 2014 out of the University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, Alabama). The 26-year-old left-hander was 7-3 with a 2.90 ERA in 15 starts for the Crimson Tide during his junior season leading p to his draft selection. After striking out 46 batters in 43.2 innings during his rookie professional campaign, Kamplain finished second in the Low-A South Atlantic League with 119 strikeouts in 2015. On July 29^th, 2017, the Jasper, Alabama native recorded the final eight outs and picked up the save in a combined no-hitter while pitching for the Short Season-A New York-Penn League's Staten Island Yankees.
Additionally, the Goldeyes released right-handed pitcher Marcus Crescentini on Friday. The Goldeyes' active roster stands at 22 players.
The Winnipeg Goldeyes play game two of a three-game series against the Kansas City T-Bones tonight at T-Bones Stadium. First pitch is at 7:05 p.m. All the action can be heard locally on 93.7 FM and worldwide at www.cjnu.ca Coverage begins at 6:00 p.m. with Around the Association.
The Goldeyes return home on Wednesday, July 24^th when they host the Texas AirHogs at Shaw Park. Advance tickets are on sale now by visiting www.goldeyes.com/tickets or by visiting the box office at Shaw Park.
For information on 2019 season tickets, 10-game mini packs, and group tickets, call the Goldeyes' office at (204) 982-BASE, or visit the Goldeyes' official website at www.goldeyes.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 20, 2019
- 'Dogs Walked off in Grand Prairie - Lincoln Saltdogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- T-Bones Blown out by Goldeyes - Kansas City T-Bones
- Goldeyes Power Past T-Bones to Even Series - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Samson and Bullpen Lead X's to Win - Sioux City Explorers
- RaMagnificent Gillies Spurs 'Roaders - Cleburne Railroaders
- Medina Tosses a Gem as Saints Take over First Place with 4-3 Win over RedHawks - St. Paul Saints
- Dogs Sweep Doubleheader Behind Red-Hot Offense, Torrez Gem - Chicago Dogs
- Gary Swept by Chicago in Two-Game Set on Sandlot Night - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Sanchez Named to All-Star Team - Cleburne Railroaders
- Goldeyes Add Former Yankees Farmhand - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Cleburne Railroads Milkmen in Series Opener - Milwaukee Milkmen
- X's Sweep Doubleheader from Canaries - Sioux City Explorers
- T-Bones Outlast Goldeyes in 14 Inning Midnight Special - Kansas City T-Bones
- RedHawks Drop Extra Inning Duel to Saints - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- T-Bones Edge Goldeyes in Extras - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Pointstreak League Communication Message - AA
- The Rise of Troy, Alexander Gets First Pro Hit, All Three RBI in 3-2, 12 Inning Victory over RedHawks - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.