Goaltender Parks Returns to Atlanta
DULUTH, Ga. - The Atlanta Gladiators announced on Thursday that goaltender Tyler Parks was reassigned to the team from the Belleville Senators in the American Hockey League. Parks is on a two-way AHL-ECHL contract with Belleville and Atlanta.
Parks stopped 24 of 28 shots against the Toronto Marlies on Dec. 30 in his only AHL action of the season so far. The 6-foot-6 netminder was also recalled to Belleville on Oct. 24 but was reassigned to Atlanta a week later without appearing in an AHL game. His most recent stint at the "AAA" level began when he was recalled on Dec. 27.
With the Gladiators this season, Parks has been sensational. The Imperial, Missouri native owns the third-best goals-against average in the ECHL this season at 2.09 and the fifth-best save percentage at .930. His 11 wins this season rank as the second-highest mark in the league, and he has played the third-most minutes amongst ECHL goaltenders at 1006.
The Gladiators begin a three-game stretch against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits Friday night at 7:30 PM at Gas South Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 6, 2022
- Everblades Sign NHL Veteran Trevor Daley - Florida Everblades
- Rush Announce Details for Rodeo Night - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - January 6 - ECHL
- Thunder Sign Forward Luke Stevens - Adirondack Thunder
- Stingrays Add Two Ahead of Weekend - South Carolina Stingrays
- Rabbits Add Pair in Beauchamp and Russell - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stanley Cup and Hockey Hall of Fame Display Coming to Jacksonville for 2022 ECHL/Warrior All-Star Classic Festivities - Jacksonville Icemen
- Americans to Launch Season Ticket Renewal Campiagn January 7th - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Home Ice Highlights: JAN 7-8 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stanley Cup and Hockey Hall of Fame Display Coming to Jacksonville for 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic Festivities - ECHL
- Goaltender Parks Returns to Atlanta - Atlanta Gladiators
- Kupsky Shines, Points Slip in Steelheads Late 2-1 Loss - Idaho Steelheads
- D'Astous Scores Game Winner with 1.7 Seconds Left - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Gladiators Stories
- Gladiators Reveal 20th Anniversary Logo for 2022-23
- Gladiators Announce Season-Ending Rosters
- Glads Send Bates, Campbell to Wichita to Finish Graves Trade
- Team President Jerry James Nominated for ECHL Executive of the Year
- Gladiators Named Finalists for Six Team Awards