George Bello, Brooks Lennon and Miles Robinson Called up to United States Men's National Team for January Training Camp
ATLANTA - George Bello, Brooks Lennon and Miles Robinson have been called up to the United States Men's National Team by manager Gregg Berhalter for a two-week January training camp in Phoenix, Arizona, ahead of three Concacaf World Cup Qualifying matches between Jan. 27 and Feb. 2. The final roster for the World Cup Qualifiers will be announced following the camp.
Bello, 19, has made six appearances for the USMNT, making his senior team debut against Trinidad and Tobago on Jan. 31, 2021. Bello started two matches during the USMNT's run to the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup title, including the 1-0 victory against Mexico in the final. The left back started two Concacaf qualification matches for the 2022 FIFA World Cup against Honduras on Sept. 9 and Panama on Oct. 11 and a friendly against Bosnia and Herzegovina on Dec. 18. In 2021, Bello was nominated for U.S. Soccer Young Player of the Year.
Lennon, 24, recently made his senior team debut against Bosnia and Herzegovina on Dec. 18 and started the match. He earned four caps and scored four goals with the U.S. U-23s, 17 caps and seven goals with the U-20s and nine caps and one goal with the U-18s.
Robinson, 24, has 15 caps and three goals with the USMNT, earning his senior team debut on Sept. 6, 2019 coming on as a substitute in a friendly against Mexico. Robinson started all six matches and scored two goals at the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup where he helped the U.S. secure five clean sheets and scored the game-winning goal in the final as the U.S. beat Mexico 1-0. He started six World Cup Qualifiers in 2021 and was nominated for U.S. Soccer Male Player of the Year.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 6, 2022
- Three Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Sign Slovakian Midfielder Jan Gregus - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Kelvin Leerdam - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Winger Paul Arriola Selected by Gregg Berhalter for USMNT Camp in Phoenix in January - D.C. United
- Columbus Crew Announces Pair of International Call-Ups - Columbus Crew SC
- Two Players Called up for International Duty - New York City FC
- Walker Zimmerman Called in to United States Men's National Team January Camp - Nashville SC
- Djordje Mihailovic Called up by the United States National Team - Club de Foot Montreal
- Matt Turner, Sebastian Lletget, and DeJuan Jones Named to United States Men's National Team Roster for January Preparation Camp - New England Revolution
- Homegrown Goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina Called to U.S. Men's National Team Training Camp - Chicago Fire FC
- Midfielder Jackson Yueill Called to U.S. Men's National Team January Camp - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Homegrown Jesús Ferreira Called into National Team Camp - FC Dallas
- George Bello, Brooks Lennon and Miles Robinson Called up to United States Men's National Team for January Training Camp - Atlanta United FC
- Colorado Rapids Sign Brazilian Midfielder Max Alves - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas Announces 2022 Preseason Schedule - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew Acquires Ghanaian Winger Yaw Yeboah from Wisla Krakow - Columbus Crew SC
- Eight Standout Collegians Comprise 2022 Generation adidas Class - MLS
- Canada-Guatemala Match Cancelled - Inter Miami CF
- Sounders FC Receives $50,000 in General Allocation Money from Charlotte FC in Exchange for Priority to Chris Hegardt - Seattle Sounders FC
- Charlotte FC Signs Georgetown Midfielder Chris Hegardt in Exchange for $50,000 in General Allocation Money from Seattle Sounders FC - Charlotte FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Defender John Nelson - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.