Gazdag Scores Sixth Goal of the Season; Union Remain Undefeated at Home
CHESTER, Pa. - The Philadelphia Union tied the New York Red Bulls 1-1 on Saturday night at Subaru Park. With the draw, the Union drop to third place in the Eastern Conference with 20 points and remain undefeated at Subaru Park this season. In the first half, the Union outshot the Red Bulls six to four, but neither team could find the back of the net. The Union opened the second half with a goal by Daniel Gazdag in the 47th minute on a strike to the top right corner of the net, assisted by forward Sergio Santos. The goal was Gazdag's sixth of the season, tied for second most goals in the league and becomes the 14th Union player to score ten regular-season goals for the club. In the 55th minute, Red Bulls' defender Dylan Nealis recorded his second yellow card of the match, resulting in an ejection. Luquinhas equalized in the 66th minute with a shot to the top left corner.
The Union are back at Subaru Park on May 18th where they will play Inter Miami CF (7:30 p.m. ET / PHL17).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 14, 2022
- Red Bulls Battle Back to Draw at Philadelphia - New York Red Bulls
- Gazdag Scores Sixth Goal of the Season; Union Remain Undefeated at Home - Philadelphia Union
- Miguel Ramírez: "When You Have Clear Chances against These Teams...They Will Punish You" - Charlotte FC
- Charlotte FC Blanked by CF Montréal - Club de Foot Montreal
- Jeremy Ebobisse Scores Twice; Quakes Now 4-1-1 in All Competitions Under Interim Head Coach Alex Covelo - San Jose Earthquakes
- Ronny Reaction: "We Have Been Consistent." - New York City FC
- Lucas Cavallini Drives 'Caps in Comeback - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- NYCFC Blanks Columbus Crew - New York City FC
- Full Time: Home Win Streak Comes to an End After Tough Battle Against Montreal - Charlotte FC
- Zardes Opens Account, Rapids Dominate MLS Leaders LAFC 2-0 - Colorado Rapids
- Health Report Pres. by Vanderbilt Health: Nashville SC vs Houston Dynamo - Nashville SC
- LAFC Suffers 2-0 Loss in Colorado - Los Angeles FC
- Toronto FC (0) - Orlando City SC (1) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Kyle Smith Nets Late Game-Winner as Lions Down Toronto - Orlando City SC
- Sounders FC Returns to MLS Action Sunday against Minnesota United FC at Lumen Field - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toronto FC Loan Themi Antonoglou to Toronto FC II - Toronto FC
- Earthquakes Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Today - San Jose Earthquakes
- Minnesota United FC at Seattle Sounders Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Toronto FC Sign Rothrock and Pearlman to Short-Term Agreements - Toronto FC
- Revolution Visit Atlanta United Sunday on ESPN - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Union Overtake NYCFC for First Place in the Eastern Conference; Remain Undefeated at Subaru Park
- Union Remain Unbeaten at Subaru Park This Season
- Philadelphia Union Sign Forward Chris Donovan
- Mikael Uhre Scores Second Career MLS Goal; Union Remain Unbeaten in Last Seven Matches
- Gazdag Scores Seventh Goal of the Season; Blake Earns Sixth Clean Sheet of the Season