Gameday Preview: Storm Host Defending Clark Cup Champion Fargo Force
Kearney, NE. - The Tri-City Storm host the Fargo Force for a two-game series at the Viaero Center in Kearney beginning tonight at 7:05pm. The Force visit the Viaero Center tonight for the first time since capturing the 2018 Clark Cup Championship. Fargo eliminated the Storm from last year's playoffs, and Tri-City will look to win its seventh game in a row in tonight's matchup. Tri-City enters tonight's game as the 1st place team in the Western Conference, with a five-point lead over the Sioux City Musketeers. Tickets for tonight's Storm game can be purchased online at www.stormhockey.com, by calling 308-338-8144, or by visiting the Viaero Center Box Office prior to tonight's game. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05pm.
Tri-City (16-4-1-0) is 8-2 in its last 10 games, and hosts Fargo this weekend for a two-game series following a 3-2 victory over Cedar Rapids last Saturday. In the win, the Storm improved to 3-0 against Eastern Conference opponents on the season. Tri-City will protect home tonight for the 10th time this season, with a record of 7-1-1 in the previous 9 regular season games played at the Viaero Center this year. Through 21 games completed on the 2018-2019 regular season campaign, the Storm have won 16 games and have given up the least amount of goals of any USHL team this season. Tri-City is outscoring opponents 70-43 and has registered 33 points in the Western Conference standings.
Fargo (11-7-1-2) enters tonight's game with a five-game point streak, and a 5th place spot in the Western Conference standings. The Force trail 2nd place Sioux City by only three points and took three games from the Storm in last season's four game regular season series. The Force and the Storm last met on April 18th in the opening round of the 2018 Clark Cup Playoffs. Fargo captured the three-game series two games to none and shutout the Storm 3-0 in the final game of the series. The Force last lost at the Viaero Center on March 4th, 2017 in a 4-3 overtime loss to Tri-City.
Today's game is set to begin at 7:05pm CT, and will be streamed live on HockeyTV, and Storm Radio. HockeyTV is a subscription based service that carries all Storm home and away games throughout the season. Storm Radio is the audio broadcast home for Tri-City Storm hockey, and can be accessed through Mixlr, StormHockey.com, or by downloading the official Tri-City Storm Mobile App. The broadcast will begin twenty minutes prior to the advertised game start time. For home game tickets, and more information on the Tri-City Storm, visit www.StormHockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2018
- Sioux City Extends Point Streak to 11 Games in OT Loss - Sioux City Musketeers
- Stars Pull off Gutsy Overtime Win over Sioux City - Lincoln Stars
- Hawks Pull Away in the End - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Des Moines Beats Chicago in Goalie Duel, 3-1 - Chicago Steel
- Muskegon Loses First Game of Two-Game Home Series with Dubuque 3-2 - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Maccelli's Late Tally Gives Dubuque 3-2 Win over Muskegon - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Phantoms Win Thriller in Plymouth - Youngstown Phantoms
- Papp to Play for Team Hungary in WJC - Madison Capitols
- Forward Russell Commits to Brown University - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Gameday Preview: Storm Host Defending Clark Cup Champion Fargo Force - Tri-City Storm
- Olympic Gold Medalists to Appear at NTDP Game - U.S. National Team
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.