GAMEDAY - ADIRONDACK (10-3-1-3) vs. MANCHESTER
WHO: Adirondack Thunder (10-3-1-3) vs. Manchester Monarchs (11-6-1-1)
WHAT: ECHL REGULAR SEASON GAME
WHEN: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 @ 7:00 PM
WHERE: Glens Falls Civic Center - Glens Falls, NY
TONIGHT'S MATCHUP: The Thunder take on a familiar foe this evening as North Division rival Manchester returns to the Civic Center. Tonight's matchup is the seventh already this season between the two teams, with Adirondack holding a 4-1-1-0 record in the previous six. The two sides, who are currently tied for the lead atop the North Division standings with 24 points apiece, will square off nine more times this season after tonight's action.
JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH: Adirondack Thunder forward James Henry broke out in a big way on Saturday as he netted his first two goals of the season in the shootout loss against Florida. Henry's goals were the team's third and fourth of the evening to help earn the Thunder a key standings point. On the season, Henry now has eight points (2-6-8) in 12 games played, ranking in a tie for fourth on the team with six helpers.
FOR PETE'S SAKE: Adirondack Thunder Captain Peter MacArthur extended his point streak to five games with an assist on Brian Ward's second period goal on Saturday evening. The 5-10 winger now has ten points (4-6-10) on the season, which ranks sixth on the Thunder roster. A season ago, MacArthur finished third on the team in points (8-28-36) after he joined the Thunder in December 2015.
WHEREVER I MAY ROM-AN: Thunder blueliner Roman Dyukov found the back of the net on Saturday against the Everblades for his first career North American goal. The Belarus native buried a goal late in the second period off of a Greg Wolfe assist to cut the score to 3-2 before the intermission. In his first season with the Thunder, Dyukov has now collected five points (1-4-5) in 15 games played.
A TALE OF TWO SPECIAL TEAMS: Adirondack has excelled on both aspects of special teams this season, but have done so in different places. Bolstered by a 3-of-3 effort Saturday, their fourth straight perfect effort at home, the Thunder currently rank second in the ECHL in home penalty killing at 94.1 percent, trailing only the Fort Wayne Komets. Adirondack also ranks second in away power play at 25.0 percent, coming in behind just South Carolina.
TUG OF WARD: Adirondack first-year forward Brian Ward picked up another goal on Saturday to become the first Thunder skater to reach ten goals on the season. The Haverhill, MA native is one of just 13 players around the league with double digit goals this season and leads all ECHL rookies. Ward has now amassed 14 points (10-4-14) in 17 games, good for second on the team in scoring.
MULTI-POINT MATHIEU: Defenseman Mathieu Brodeur had yet another multi-point game on Saturday, as he picked up two assists, including the lone helper on the game-tying goal. Brodeur leads all Thunder skaters with 12 assists and ranks tied for third league-wide with 15 points (3-12-15) amongst defensemen. Brodeur's 1.15 points per game leads all ECHL blueliners who have played in multiple games this season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 29, 2016
- Monarchs Doubled up by Thunder - Manchester Monarchs
- Gus Young Loaned to Mavericks - Kansas City Mavericks
- Ftorek Named New Admirals Head Coach - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Transactions - November 29 - ECHL
- A Trio of Defensemen Head to the AHL - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Acquire Tandem from Utah - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Goaltender Bartus Added to Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
- Crisp's Dynamite Play Earns Callup to St. John's IceCaps - Brampton Beast
- Stingrays Upcoming Promotions - South Carolina Stingrays
- Worcester Railers Boost Front Office Staff - Worcester Railers HC
- Aces' Kevin Carr Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week: - Alaska Aces
- Alaska's Carr Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Solar Bears to Host Teddy Bear Toss on Friday, December 2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- MILITARY APPRECIATION JERSEYS - Adirondack Thunder
- COAT DRIVE THIS SATURDAY - Adirondack Thunder
- GAMEDAY - ADIRONDACK (10-3-1-3) vs. MANCHESTER - Adirondack Thunder
- Warning Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Quad City's Warning Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Admirals Relieve Aldoff of Coaching Duties; Ftorek Named New Head Coach - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Tonight 7:05PM at the BOK Center - $1 Beer Night - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.