Warning Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week
MOLINE, Ill. - Quad City Mallards forward Sam Warning has been named the Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week for the period ending Sunday, the Mallards announced today in conjunction with the ECHL.
Warning, 24, scored three goals and added three assists and posted a plus/minus rating of +7 while helping the Mallards to three wins in four nights last week. Last Wednesday, the 5-foot-10-inch, 180-pound Chesterfield, Missouri, native scored a pair of goals- including the game winner- in the Mallards' 4-2 victory over the Cyclones in Cincinnati. Warning scored again last Friday in the third period of the Mallards' 4-3 shootout win over the Indy Fuel. Warning also scored the clinching shootout goal against the Fuel. Warning capped off his banner week by matching team season highs and personal career highs for points and assists in one game when he piled up three assists in the Mallards' 6-2 defeat of the Fort Wayne Komets last Saturday.
On the season, Warning, who has played in each of the Mallards' first 17 games, leads the team in goals (8) and is tied for the Mallard lead in points (17) and plus/minus (+6). He is currently riding a four-game point-scoring streak (4-3-7).
As a rookie last season, Warning scored 16 goals and added 15 assists for 31 points in 65 games with the Mallards.
Warning turned professional after four standout seasons at the University of Minnesota. He scored 40 goals and picked up 57 assists to total 97 points in 146 career collegiate games. As a junior in 2013-14, Warning earned All-Big Ten Honorable Mention and was named to the NCAA Frozen Four All-Tournament Team after helping Minnesota to the national title game. That Frozen Four berth was the second in three season for Warning and the Gophers, who also claimed conference regular seasons titles and NCAA tournament bids during each of his four collegiate seasons. As a senior, Warning helped Minnesota to the 2015 Big Ten tournament title.
Warning arrived at Minnesota after spending two junior seasons with the United States Hockey League's Cedar Rapids RoughRiders. Warning recorded 33 goals, 29 assists and 62 points in 109 career USHL games and helped Cedar Rapids to a first overall finish in 2010-11.
Warning is the first Mallard to earn league-wide weekly honors this season. Brody Hoffman was the last Mallard to do so when he was named ECHL Goaltender of the Week last season for the period ending March 27. Warning is the first Mallard to be named the league's Player of the Week in just a under a calendar year since Mike Monfredo took home the award for the week ending December 6, 2015 and the second member of the Flock to be so lauded since the Mallards entered the ECHL in 2014-15.
The Mallards return to action on the road Thursday morning against the Brampton Beast. The Mallards next play at home Wednesday night, December 7 against the Kalamazoo Wings. That game and a ll Mallards Wednesday night home games this season face off at the special early start time of 6:35 p.m.
Single game tickets for all Mallards regular season home games- including Friday's game- are on sale now at the iWireless Center box office, Ticketmaster outlets, ticketmaster.com and Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free at 1-800-745-3000. The box office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
About the Quad City Mallards
One of the winningest teams in all of minor league hockey, the Mallards competed in the United Hockey League from 1995 through 2007; in the International Hockey League in 2009-10; and in the Central Hockey League from 2010 through 2014. The Mallards' proud history has seen them capture the UHL's Colonial Cup Championship three times (1997, 1998, 2001) and secure that league's Tarry Cup four times (1998, 2000, 2001, 2002) for the best overall regular season record. In 2001, the Mallards made professional hockey history, recording their sixth consecutive season with 50 or more wins, a feat that has yet to be matched. The iWireless Center provides a unique environment for hockey and features one-of-a-kind seating areas such as the Nest for groups and functions and the exclusive Drake Club. For more information on the Quad City Mallards or for Mallards tickets go to www.myqcmallards. net . Fans can also follow the Mallards via Twitter at twitter.com/myqcmallards and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/qcmallards .
- ## Quad City Mallards ##-
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 29, 2016
- Monarchs Doubled up by Thunder - Manchester Monarchs
- Gus Young Loaned to Mavericks - Kansas City Mavericks
- Ftorek Named New Admirals Head Coach - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Transactions - November 29 - ECHL
- A Trio of Defensemen Head to the AHL - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Acquire Tandem from Utah - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Goaltender Bartus Added to Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
- Crisp's Dynamite Play Earns Callup to St. John's IceCaps - Brampton Beast
- Stingrays Upcoming Promotions - South Carolina Stingrays
- Worcester Railers Boost Front Office Staff - Worcester Railers HC
- Aces' Kevin Carr Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week: - Alaska Aces
- Alaska's Carr Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Solar Bears to Host Teddy Bear Toss on Friday, December 2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- MILITARY APPRECIATION JERSEYS - Adirondack Thunder
- COAT DRIVE THIS SATURDAY - Adirondack Thunder
- GAMEDAY - ADIRONDACK (10-3-1-3) vs. MANCHESTER - Adirondack Thunder
- Warning Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Quad City's Warning Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Admirals Relieve Aldoff of Coaching Duties; Ftorek Named New Head Coach - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Tonight 7:05PM at the BOK Center - $1 Beer Night - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings