Cyclones Acquire Tandem from Utah
Cincinnati, OH- The Cincinnati Cyclones have acquired forwards Brandon McNally and Shane Walsh from the Utah Grizzlies in exchange for forward Kenny Ryan.
McNally has appeared in 15 games with the Grizzlies this season, accounting for three goals and five assists along with 48 minutes in penalties. He has also skated in a pair of games with the San Diego Gulls of the American Hockey League (AHL).
A native of Saugus, MA, McNally is in his third pro season, with the bulk of his career coming in the AHL. In 61 games between the Gulls, Hamilton Bulldogs, and St. John's Icecaps, McNally has accounted for 16 points (9g, 7a) to go along with 41 minutes in penalties. He also has 22 ECHL games to his credit, totaling nine points (3g, 6a) and 76 penalty minutes between the Grizzlies and Brampton Beast.
Prior to turning pro in 2015, McNally was a four-year letter-winner at Dartmouth College where he racked up 31 goals and 34 assists in 105 career games.
Walsh is in his first pro season and has accounted for 10 points (5g, 5a) in 17 games with the Grizzlies, tying him for second on the team in points. The West Roxbury, MA, product also attended Rookie Camp with the Nashville Predators, National Hockey League (NHL) affiliate of the Cyclones this past summer.
Prior to turning pro, Walsh spent four seasons at the University of Massachusetts (Amherst) where he registered 36 goals and 31 assists in 133 career games. He was a part of history in the 2015 Hockey East Tournament, scoring the game-winning goal against the University of Notre Dame 151:42 into the game in the fifth overtime. The stick he used is now in the Hockey Hall of Fame.
Ryan departs Cincinnati ranked second on the team in points with six goals and seven assists through 18 games played this season.
The 2016-17 season is underway, and the Cincinnati Cyclones want you along for the ride as they march towards another Kelly Cup Championship! 2016-17 single game tickets and packages along with group and Season Ticket Packages are available NOW! Call 513.421.PUCK to reserve your seats. Fans can also get the latest team updates on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, ee054c65136219a www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 29, 2016
- Monarchs Doubled up by Thunder - Manchester Monarchs
- Gus Young Loaned to Mavericks - Kansas City Mavericks
- Ftorek Named New Admirals Head Coach - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Transactions - November 29 - ECHL
- A Trio of Defensemen Head to the AHL - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Acquire Tandem from Utah - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Goaltender Bartus Added to Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
- Crisp's Dynamite Play Earns Callup to St. John's IceCaps - Brampton Beast
- Stingrays Upcoming Promotions - South Carolina Stingrays
- Worcester Railers Boost Front Office Staff - Worcester Railers HC
- Aces' Kevin Carr Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week: - Alaska Aces
- Alaska's Carr Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Solar Bears to Host Teddy Bear Toss on Friday, December 2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- MILITARY APPRECIATION JERSEYS - Adirondack Thunder
- COAT DRIVE THIS SATURDAY - Adirondack Thunder
- GAMEDAY - ADIRONDACK (10-3-1-3) vs. MANCHESTER - Adirondack Thunder
- Warning Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Quad City's Warning Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Admirals Relieve Aldoff of Coaching Duties; Ftorek Named New Head Coach - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Tonight 7:05PM at the BOK Center - $1 Beer Night - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.