Goaltender Bartus Added to Roster
Fort Wayne, IN-- The Komets announced Tuesday that goaltender Garrett Bartus has agreed to terms and has been added to the Fort Wayne roster. Bartus, 27, participated in the Komets' 2016 training camp and appeared in the first half of a preseason game where he stopped all seven shots faced and took the win, 5-2, at Indy on Oct. 8. The goaltender started this season with Macon in the SPHL where he has helped the Mayhem lead the league logging a 6-1-1 record in eight appearances. Bartus is in his fourth pro year.Also, the Komets announced that goaltender Keegan Asmundson has been placed on waivers. Asmundson appeared in one game, a 6-4 win at Missouri Nov. 11.
This week the Komets will remain home for a pair of games this weekend. Friday the Missouri Mavericks visit for an 8pm faceoff and Sunday the Komets host the Utah Grizzlies at 5pm.
Teddy Bear Toss Friday-- Fans are invited to bring new or gently used stuffed animals to Friday's home game against the Missouri Mavericks. The Komets' first goal of the game will be the signal for all stuffed animals to be tossed onto the ice where they will be collected and donated to the Disorderly Bear Den, a non-profit charity that collects stuffed animals for those in need.
Friday night Marathon Nights-- Again this year Komet fans can save on their Friday night tickets with Marathon. Fans can earn a buy-one-get-one-free ticket offer with the purchase of three fill-ups at participating Marathon locations. Save with your Marathon Fill-Up Card this Friday when the Komets face the Mavericks.Meijer Family Night Sunday-- The Komets present Meijer Family Night at every Sunday home game this season. Coupons for a Sundays 4-for-$36 ticket offer are available at all Meijer locations around the Fort Wayne area. Also, fans can bring their skates for a free open skate after each Sunday Family Night home game.
Komets on the air-- Komet games are scheduled to air this season on WOWO AM 1190 and FM 107.5. All Komet radio broadcasts can also be heard worldwide as presented by Omni Source Radio Recycle at www.komets.com.
Single game tickets and Season Tickets on sale-- Single game tickets for all Komet home games are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office and online at TicketMaster.com. Season tickets continue to be on sale at the Komet office at 1010 Memorial Way in Fort Wayne. For more information visit Komets.com or call 260-483-0011.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 29, 2016
- Monarchs Doubled up by Thunder - Manchester Monarchs
- Gus Young Loaned to Mavericks - Kansas City Mavericks
- Ftorek Named New Admirals Head Coach - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Transactions - November 29 - ECHL
- A Trio of Defensemen Head to the AHL - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Acquire Tandem from Utah - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Goaltender Bartus Added to Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
- Crisp's Dynamite Play Earns Callup to St. John's IceCaps - Brampton Beast
- Stingrays Upcoming Promotions - South Carolina Stingrays
- Worcester Railers Boost Front Office Staff - Worcester Railers HC
- Aces' Kevin Carr Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week: - Alaska Aces
- Alaska's Carr Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Solar Bears to Host Teddy Bear Toss on Friday, December 2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- MILITARY APPRECIATION JERSEYS - Adirondack Thunder
- COAT DRIVE THIS SATURDAY - Adirondack Thunder
- GAMEDAY - ADIRONDACK (10-3-1-3) vs. MANCHESTER - Adirondack Thunder
- Warning Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Quad City's Warning Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Admirals Relieve Aldoff of Coaching Duties; Ftorek Named New Head Coach - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Tonight 7:05PM at the BOK Center - $1 Beer Night - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Komets Split Weekend Double-Header; IceMen Visit for Back-To-Back Games this Weekend; Player Moves Announced
- Komets Hammer Nailers 7-3
- Morrison Reassigned to Komets, McKenzie Returns to Fort Wayne Lineup
- Komets Ground Wings in Season Opener 5-2; Wheeling Visits Friday, Walleye Invade Saturday
- Komets Launch 68th Season Saturday; Arich Rival Wings Visit for Opener