A Trio of Defensemen Head to the AHL
ESTERO, FL - Florida Everblades President & General Manager Craig Brush along with Head Coach Brad Ralph announced Tuesday the following transactions:
Defenseman Josh Wesley has been reassigned to the Charlotte Checkers (AHL) by the Carolina Hurricanes (NHL).
Defenseman Kevin Raine has been recalled by the Charlotte Checkers (AHL).
Defenseman Matt Mackenzie has been loaned to the Springfield Falcons (AHL).
Wesley, 20, returns to Charlotte where he has appeared in one game this season. The 6-3, 201-pound rookie has posted four points (1g, 3a) in eight games played with the Everblades this season. The Raleigh, North Carolina native totaled 28 points split between the Flint Firebirds and Niagara IceDogs of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) last season.
Raine, 23, joins the Checkers after logging two assists with a plus-5 rating in 17 games played with the Everblades this season. The 6-1, 205-pound blueliner has totaled nine points (3g, 6a) in 117 career AHL games the past three seasons in stints with the Ontario Reign (2015-16), Manchester Monarchs (2014-15) and Portland Pirates (2013-14). The Dryden, Ontario native won a Calder Cup with Manchester in 2015, and an OHL title in 2012 with the London Knights. Raine is under an AHL contract with Charlotte for the 2016-17 season.
Mackenzie, 25, joins Springfield having recorded nine points (4g, 5a) with a plus-12 rating in 17 games with the Everblades this season. Last season, the 6-2, 190-pound defenseman logged three points (2g, 1a) with a plus-10 rating in 19 appearances with the AHL's Portland Pirates In addition, Mackenzie posted 20 points (2g, 18a), 102 penalty minutes, and a plus-21 rating in 53 games played last season with the Manchester Monarchs (ECHL). From 2011-2015, the 6-2, 190-pound blueliner totaled 24 points in 177 games played with the Rochester Americans (AHL).
The Everblades renew their battle for the Wawa Sunshine Cup against the rival Orlando Solar Bears on Friday night at the Amway Center. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. Eastern time. Fans can catch the game broadcast on WJBX News, Talk & More on 101.5-FM.104.3-FM, 770-AM or by ** CLICKING HERE (http://wjbxnewstalk.com/listen-live/)
Upcoming Home Games & Promotions
Saturday, December 3 vs. Orlando, 7:00 p.m. - Join us from 5-7 p.m. for the pregame tailgate featuring live music and bounce houses for the kids!
Wednesday, December 7 vs. Elmira, 7:30 p.m. - $2 Wednesdays! $2 Beers, Wines & Hot Dogs all night long! Wednesday's are also College Night. College students receive a $5 ticket w/ free parking when they present their College ID at Germain Arena.
Friday, December 9 vs. Elmira, 7:30 p.m. - Kids eat FREE in the Breakaway Sports Pub with the purchase of an adult entree!
Saturday, December 10 vs. Elmira, 7:00 p.m. - Annual IBERIABANK Teddy Bear Toss! Fans are encouraged to bring a new teddy bear or stuffed animal to the game to throw onto the ice when the Everblades score their first goal. All of the teddy bears will be rounded up and delivered to local children's charities for the holidays!
Ticket Information Game Tickets: Everblades tickets may be purchased at the Florida Community Bank Box Office located at Germain Arena, or at any Ticketmaster outlet, or online at ** www.ticketmaster.com utflorida+everblades&qflorida+everblades)
2016-17 Season Ticket Plans Now Available! Full and flexible partial season ticket plans are currently available for the 2016-17 season. We offer several tickets packages designed to help fit your budget and schedule.
Special Offer! Purchase any new ticket package for the 2016-17 season, and receive a $20 gift card from ** Ford's Garage! (http://fordsgarageusa.com/) Locations include Cape Coral, Downtown Fort Myers and Miromar Outlets in Estero. Discounted Group Tickets: Bring your group of 10 or more to a game at a discounted price, and you ma also receive an Everblades souvenir! Group tickets are available for all home games. For more information on group tickets, call 239-948-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 29, 2016
- Monarchs Doubled up by Thunder - Manchester Monarchs
- Gus Young Loaned to Mavericks - Kansas City Mavericks
- Ftorek Named New Admirals Head Coach - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Transactions - November 29 - ECHL
- A Trio of Defensemen Head to the AHL - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Acquire Tandem from Utah - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Goaltender Bartus Added to Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
- Crisp's Dynamite Play Earns Callup to St. John's IceCaps - Brampton Beast
- Stingrays Upcoming Promotions - South Carolina Stingrays
- Worcester Railers Boost Front Office Staff - Worcester Railers HC
- Aces' Kevin Carr Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week: - Alaska Aces
- Alaska's Carr Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Solar Bears to Host Teddy Bear Toss on Friday, December 2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- MILITARY APPRECIATION JERSEYS - Adirondack Thunder
- COAT DRIVE THIS SATURDAY - Adirondack Thunder
- GAMEDAY - ADIRONDACK (10-3-1-3) vs. MANCHESTER - Adirondack Thunder
- Warning Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Quad City's Warning Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Admirals Relieve Aldoff of Coaching Duties; Ftorek Named New Head Coach - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Tonight 7:05PM at the BOK Center - $1 Beer Night - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.