GAME REPORT: Oilers Lose 7-1 to Mavericks
TULSA, OK - The Oilers lost 7-1 to Kansas City at the BOK Center on Sunday.
Kansas City jumped out to a quick start, finding the back of the net from the blade of Darik Angeli 3:42 in. Lane Scheidl scored his third of the week 1:30 after, beating Austyn Roudebush inside the left post. Angeli scored his second of the outing at the 6:33 mark, giving Scheidl a three-point first period and the Mavericks a 3-0 lead. Devin Williams entered the game after the third goal, stopping all six shots he faced in the rest of the frame.
Kansas City scored their second power-play goal of the game with 1:28 left in the middle frame. Nick Pasutjov fought his way to the crease, depositing a rebound into the back of the net to make it a 4-0 game in Kansas City's favor.
Darik Angeli completed his hat trick 1:03 into the third period - a power-play goal. Zach Osburn followed up 56 seconds later with another power-play blast from the point, giving Kansas City a six-goal lead. Kansas City scored their fifth power-play goal of the game at the 2:46 mark when Bryan Lemos drifted to the left circle before releasing a one-time shot into the right corner of the net. Justin Taylor spoiled Matt Greenfield's shutout, tipping a blast from Justin Hamonic into the net - closing the score 7-1.
The Oilers host the Rapid City Rush three times next week at the BOK Center, starting on Friday at 7:05 p.m. The Oilers follow up on Saturday night at the same time before closing the week out with a 4:05 p.m. Sunday Family Funday game.
ECHL TV has a new provider for the 2020-21 season. We are proud to partner with FloHockey, which provides subscribers with plenty of content. Watch live events across all screens by downloading the FloSports app on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire and Chromecast. To become a subscriber, click here.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 4, 2021
- Angeli's Five Point Night Highlights Mavs 7-1 Win at Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- GAME REPORT: Oilers Lose 7-1 to Mavericks - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - April 4 - ECHL
- Cameron Recalled to Utica Comets - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Greenfield Dazzles in Mavericks 5-0 Shutout Win at Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Fall to Grizzlies 3-2 in a Shootout - Allen Americans
- Watts Records Overtime Winner in Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks, Greenfield Blank Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Rush Fall in Overtime to End Weekend Series - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.