ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension
April 4, 2021 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL announced on Sunday that Wheeling's Joshua Winquist has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount as a result of his actions in ECHL Game #292, Wheeling at Fort Wayne, on April 3.
Winquist was assessed a major penalty and game misconduct for elbowing under Rule #45.5 at 4:32 of the third period. He is find and suspended under Rule #28 - Supplementary Discipline.
Winquist will miss Wheeling's games vs. Fort Wayne (April 7) and vs. South Carolina (April 9).
Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players' Association, player fines collected by the ECHL are given to the PHPA for its ECHL Player's Hardship Fund.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 4, 2021
- Angeli's Five Point Night Highlights Mavs 7-1 Win at Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- GAME REPORT: Oilers Lose 7-1 to Mavericks - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - April 4 - ECHL
- Cameron Recalled to Utica Comets - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Greenfield Dazzles in Mavericks 5-0 Shutout Win at Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Fall to Grizzlies 3-2 in a Shootout - Allen Americans
- Watts Records Overtime Winner in Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks, Greenfield Blank Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Rush Fall in Overtime to End Weekend Series - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.