Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Borussia Dortmund - July 17, 2019
Following a 2-1 home win over Atlanta United FC on Sunday, Sounders FC (10-5-5, 35 points) continues its stretch of three home matches in eight days on Wednesday evening with an international friendly vs. Borussia Dortmund (7:30 p.m. PT / JOEtv, YouTube TV, El Rey 1360 AM).
Additionally, Sounders FC has signed four Tacoma Defiance players to short-term agreements ahead of Wednesday's match: midfielders Josh Atencio, Shandon Hopeau and Danny Robles as well as defender Sam Rogers. All four players are eligible for selection by Seattle Head Coach Brian Schmetzer for this evening's match.
Wednesday's match is being broadcast locally on JOEtv and regionally on YouTube TV, featuring Keith Costigan, Kasey Keller and Steve Zakuani on the call. Matt Johnson and Marcus Hahnemann will provide pre-match, halftime and post-match coverage from the studio. Fans in Western Washington can tune in to El Rey 1360 AM for a Spanish radio broadcast, featuring "Zuper" Mario Rodriguez, Felipe Maqueda and Carlos Tapia.
Sounders FC is currently amidst a 13-match home unbeaten streak (11-0-2) dating back to September 29 of last season. The current streak is tied for the second-longest in club history and just one shy of the franchise record of 14 (10-0-4) set in 2013.
Local TV: JOEtv
Regional TV: YouTube TV
Talent: Keith Costigan, Kasey Keller and Steve Zakuani
Local Radio (Spanish): El Rey 1360 AM
Talent: Mario Rodriguez, Felipe Maqueda and Carlos Tapia
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 17, 2019
- Gustavo Bou Scores in Debut as Revolution Top Vancouver Whitecaps FC, 4-0 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Drop Mid-Week Road Match at Toronto, 3-1 - New York Red Bulls
- Atlanta United Defeats Houston Dynamo 5-0 - Atlanta United FC
- Whitecaps FC return home on Saturday after midweek defeat at New England - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- 10-Man Dynamo Fall at Atlanta - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy Advise Fans to Arrive Early for July 19 Match vs. LAFC - LA Galaxy
- Philadelphia Union Foundation and EPYSA, in Partnership with City of Philadelphia, Announce Inter-City Mini-Pitch Initiative - Philadelphia Union
- LAFC Take Best Start in League History into El Trafico on ESPN Friday: Week 20 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Borussia Dortmund - July 17, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Atlanta United Acquires Mo Adams from Chicago Fire - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire Acquires $100,000 in General Allocation Money from Atlanta United - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Sign Academy Product Cole Turner to Pre-Contract - Philadelphia Union
- MLS and adidas Partner with German Football Association for Advanced Goalkeeper Education Course - MLS
- Three Points: Dynamo Begin Two-Game Road Trip in Atlanta - Houston Dynamo
- Earthquakes Host Real Valladolid C.F. in International Friendly - San Jose Earthquakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Earns Road Point in 2-2 Decision at LA Galaxy
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at La Galaxy - August 17, 2019
- Sounders FC Drops 3-0 Road Result at Real Salt Lake
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Real Salt Lake - August 14, 2019
- Sounders FC Opens New Chapter in Club History, as 11 Families with Deep Seattle Roots Join Rave Green Ownership Group