Atlanta United Acquires Mo Adams from Chicago Fire
ATLANTA - Atlanta United has acquired midfielder Mo Adams from Chicago Fire in exchange for $100,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM). In a corresponding move, the club placed Gordon Wild on waivers.
"Mo is a talented young player with the ability to play multiple positions for us," said Vice President and Technical Director Carlos Bocanegra. "We like his versatility and his competitiveness will serve us well moving into the second half of the season."
Adams, 22, was the No. 10 overall selection in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft. The midfielder made his professional debut with the Fire April 21, 2018 in a 2-1 win against New York Red Bulls. Adams made 15 appearances and 10 starts in his rookie season. He has made 10 appearances and five starts in 2019 and recorded his first professional assist in a 4-1 win against Colorado Rapids April 20.
A native of Nottingham, England, Adams obtained a U.S. Green Card on June 19 and will not occupy an international spot on Atlanta's roster.
Adams will reunite with former Syracuse University and now Atlanta United teammate Miles Robinson where the two played the 2016 season together. Adams spent two seasons with the Orange (2016-17) where he played 35 matches, was a two-time All-ACC selection and captained the team in 2017.
Wild was selected with the No. 37 pick in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft out of the University of Maryland. He joined Charleston Battery on a season-long loan in 2018 where he scored seven goals and added three assists in 33 appearances. In 2019, Wild made eight appearances with ATL UTD 2 and scored one goal.
"We want to thank Gordon for his service to the club and wish him well in his future," Bocanegra said.
Atlanta United (9-8-3, 30 points) returns to action Wednesday, July 17 against Houston Dynamo at Mercedes-Benz Stadium (7:00 p.m., FOX Sports South, Sports Radio 92-9 The Game).
Name: Mo Adams
Birthdate: Sept. 23, 1996 (Age: 22)
Birthplace: Nottingham, England
Transaction: Atlanta United acquired Mo Adams from Chicago Fire in exchange for $100,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM). In a corresponding move, the club placed Gordon Wild on waivers.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 17, 2019
- Gustavo Bou Scores in Debut as Revolution Top Vancouver Whitecaps FC, 4-0 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Drop Mid-Week Road Match at Toronto, 3-1 - New York Red Bulls
- Atlanta United Defeats Houston Dynamo 5-0 - Atlanta United FC
- Whitecaps FC return home on Saturday after midweek defeat at New England - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- 10-Man Dynamo Fall at Atlanta - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy Advise Fans to Arrive Early for July 19 Match vs. LAFC - LA Galaxy
- Philadelphia Union Foundation and EPYSA, in Partnership with City of Philadelphia, Announce Inter-City Mini-Pitch Initiative - Philadelphia Union
- LAFC Take Best Start in League History into El Trafico on ESPN Friday: Week 20 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Borussia Dortmund - July 17, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Atlanta United Acquires Mo Adams from Chicago Fire - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire Acquires $100,000 in General Allocation Money from Atlanta United - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Sign Academy Product Cole Turner to Pre-Contract - Philadelphia Union
- MLS and adidas Partner with German Football Association for Advanced Goalkeeper Education Course - MLS
- Three Points: Dynamo Begin Two-Game Road Trip in Atlanta - Houston Dynamo
- Earthquakes Host Real Valladolid C.F. in International Friendly - San Jose Earthquakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.