Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (38-34) at Pawtucket Red Sox (31-42)
The Indians and PawSox play the rubber game of their weekend series this afternoon.
LOCATION: McCoy Stadium
FIRST PITCH: 1:05 p.m. ET
GAME #73 / ROAD #38: Indianapolis Indians (38-34) at Pawtucket Red Sox (31-42)
PROBABLES: RHP Jordan Lyles (MLB rehab) vs. RHP Ryan Weber (1-2, 7.36)
RADIO: Fox Sports 97.5 / AM 1260 / iHeart app
TV: MiLB TV
LAST NIGHT: The Indians and PawSox dueled for six scoreless innings on Saturday night before Bryce Brentz cracked a three-run homer with one away in the seventh to account for all of the scoring in a 3-0 final. Teddy Stankiewicz, fresh off a 7.0-inning complete game shutout against Indy in Game 2 of a doubleheader on Sunday at The Vic, mastered the Tribe again with 4.2 scoreless frames. He scattered four hits and two walks with five punchouts. Alex McRae (L, 5-3) was superb through the first six innings and posted his sixth quality start in a losing effort (6.1ip, 5h, 3r, 3er, 1bb, 6k). JB Shuck had two of Indy's five singles in the game, but the Tribe went 0-for-7 with RISP.
BLANKED BY THE PAWSOX: Indianapolis' shutout loss last night was its fifth of the season and third in 21 games this month. Indy's last shutout defeat against Pawtucket came on July 28, 2017 in Game 1 of a doubleheader at Victory Field, a 5-0 loss for the Tribe.
BUMPS AND BRUISES: Jordan Lyles will be the third Pirates hurler to make a rehab start for Indy in the last 11 days. Trevor Williams (June 13 vs. Buffalo) and Rookie Davis (June 16 vs. Pawtucket, Game 2) were the previous two. Lyles, 28, will be the 14th Pirates player to appear for Indianapolis on a rehab assignment this season. The Tribe had six players rehab for them during the entire 2018 campaign.
SERIES ON THE LINE: The Indians have lost four straight series and 11 of their last 15 games overall. Indy's last series victory came from June 3-5 when they two of three at Louisville.
IT'S A NEW DAY: The Indians have been shut out five times in 2019. Indy is 2-2 in games following a shutout loss, including a 5-2 win at Buffalo on Tuesday following last Sunday's 8-0, Game 2 loss to the PawSox.
MOVES AND MORE: OF Jason Martin was recalled by Pittsburgh yesterday as OF Gregory Polanco was placed on the 10-day injured list. The Tribe had three additional moves to their roster: RHP Mitch Keller officially joined the club after being optioned on June 19, RHP Jesus Liranzo was transferred to Double-A Altoona and OF Trayvon Robinson was reinstated from the 7-day injured list.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Red Wings End Ohio Trip with 7-1 Loss Sunday - Rochester Red Wings
- The Candy Man Can Lead the Mud Hens - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bichette Has 4-Hit Day in Bisons' 8-1 Win over Tides - Buffalo Bisons
- Pigs Walked off After Erasing 7-0 Deficit - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Pigs' rally from down 7-0 cut short as Columbus wins 10-9 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indians Take Series in Pawtucket with 4-3 Comeback Victory - Indianapolis Indians
- RailRiders top Durham Bulls as Logan Morrison ties franchise record - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Allard, Duvall Lead Gwinnett over Syracuse 5-1 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Indians Come Back to Take Series Finale from PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Taijeron Homers in Mets 5-1 Loss to Stripers - Syracuse Mets
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (38-34) at Pawtucket Red Sox (31-42) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Norfolk (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Lyles Set for Major League Rehab Start with Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Indians-Mud Hens Postponed in Toledo
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (61-65) at Toledo Mud Hens (58-68)
- Hayes Homers Again But Indians Lose to Hens, 12-4
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (61-64) at Toledo Mud Hens (57-68)
- Tribe Walk-Off After Five-Run Comeback