Red Wings End Ohio Trip with 7-1 Loss Sunday
The Red Wings annual Ohio road trip came to an end Sunday with a 7-1 loss to the Toledo Mud Hens at Fifth Third Field.
The Wings (34-39) went just 2-5 on the trip, scoring just one run over the last two games of the Toledo series.
Five of the six hits for Rochester on Sunday went for extra bases but the Wings were just 1-for-13 with runners in scoring position. The 4-9 hitters in the Red Wings lineup went a combined 1-for-21.
Toledo jumped in front early on a three-run homer from Jeimer Candelario off Lewis Thorpe and never looked back.
LaMonte Wade Jr knocked home Nick Gordon with an RBI double in the third for the lone run of the game for the Wings.
Thorpe went 4.1 innings allowing five runs on eight hits and two walks. The IL strikeout leader recorded six punchouts Sunday.
The Wings return to the Flower City on Monday for a brief two-game set against the Scranton/WB RailRiders.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Red Wings End Ohio Trip with 7-1 Loss Sunday - Rochester Red Wings
- The Candy Man Can Lead the Mud Hens - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bichette Has 4-Hit Day in Bisons' 8-1 Win over Tides - Buffalo Bisons
- Pigs Walked off After Erasing 7-0 Deficit - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Pigs' rally from down 7-0 cut short as Columbus wins 10-9 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indians Take Series in Pawtucket with 4-3 Comeback Victory - Indianapolis Indians
- RailRiders top Durham Bulls as Logan Morrison ties franchise record - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Allard, Duvall Lead Gwinnett over Syracuse 5-1 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Indians Come Back to Take Series Finale from PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Taijeron Homers in Mets 5-1 Loss to Stripers - Syracuse Mets
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (38-34) at Pawtucket Red Sox (31-42) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Norfolk (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Lyles Set for Major League Rehab Start with Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.