Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Norfolk (1:05 p.m.)
June 23, 2019 | 1:05 p.m. ET | Sahlen Field | Buffalo, NY | Game # 74| Home Game # 39
BUFFALO BISONS (37-36, 2nd, -6.5 North) vs Norfolk Tides (28-45, 4th, -17.5 South)
RHP Sean Reid-Foley (3-3, 5.87) vs. RHP Tyler Herb (4-5, 5.50)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This afternoon, the Bisons wrap up the final game of a four-game series against the Norfolk Tides looking for the sweep. Buffalo has earned their fifth series win in a row with a win last night. After today's game, the Herd will then hit the road for a quick four-day, two-city road trip to Pawtucket and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
Yesterday's Game: BUF 3, NOR 0
Buffalo collected their second straight shutout victory as RHP T.J. Zeuch earned his first win in his Triple-A debut. The pitching staff held the Tides to just two hits and one walk, all allowed by Zeuch. Patrick Kivlehan hit a solo home run to open the scoring, while Reese McGuire and Richard Urena drove in the final two runs of the night in the eighth.
Norfolk Tides (4-1)
Buffalo and Norfolk are closing out the season series today. They split their meeting in Norfolk one game each with the third postponed due to inclement weather. Last season the two teams split the season series with three wins apiece in the six game season set.
RHP Sean Reid-Foley takes the ball as Buffalo looks to sweep the Tides in their four-game set. The righty struckout eight batters in his last start on Tuesday against the Indians over 4.2 innings of work.
T.J. Zeuch earned his first career Triple-A win on Saturday night. Toronto's 12th overall prospect according to MLB.com allowed just two hits and one walk while recording four punch outs in 5.2 innings before handing the ball to the bullpen.
Once again, the Bisons bullpen shut the door when called upon. Zach Jackson, Buddy Boshers, and Justin Shafer combined to throw 3.1 perfect innings while striking out five batters. During the month of June, Jackson has a 0.66 ERA in eight appearances (13.2 IP) while fellow righthander Corey Copping has a 0.73 ERA in six appearances (12.1 IP).
Buffalo has now won 13 of their last 16 games and are currently on a season-high five game winning streak. During the month of June, the pitchers have a 3.61 ERA and are tied with the Rochester Red Wings and Durham Bulls for most wins in the International League (15).
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (28-49) scored seven runs in the seventh and eighth innings combined to beat the Boston Red Sox 8-7 on Saturday. Freddy Galvis and Rowdy Tellez both went deep in the seventh and Ken Giles earned his 12th save of the season to secure the victory. RHP Marcuz Stroman faces RHP Rick Porcello in the final game of the series at Fenway Park with first pitch scheduled for 1:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Red Wings End Ohio Trip with 7-1 Loss Sunday - Rochester Red Wings
- The Candy Man Can Lead the Mud Hens - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bichette Has 4-Hit Day in Bisons' 8-1 Win over Tides - Buffalo Bisons
- Pigs Walked off After Erasing 7-0 Deficit - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Pigs' rally from down 7-0 cut short as Columbus wins 10-9 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indians Take Series in Pawtucket with 4-3 Comeback Victory - Indianapolis Indians
- RailRiders top Durham Bulls as Logan Morrison ties franchise record - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Allard, Duvall Lead Gwinnett over Syracuse 5-1 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Indians Come Back to Take Series Finale from PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Taijeron Homers in Mets 5-1 Loss to Stripers - Syracuse Mets
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (38-34) at Pawtucket Red Sox (31-42) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Norfolk (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Lyles Set for Major League Rehab Start with Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Blue Jays Add Former World Series Champ in Rzepczynski
- Save the Date: Bisons Family Day Open House Set for Saturday, March 21
- Blue Jays Add Veteran Petricka with Minor League Deal
- Pearson, Snead, Tice Among Seven 2019 Bisons Invited to Blue Jays Camp.
- 'Season Starter' Pack Includes Opening Day, 75% in Savings