Game Day Preview: Pats Return Home to Host Red Deer Saturday Night
The Regina Pats (6-17-3-0) return to home ice for the first time since November 20 on Saturday when they host the Red Deer Rebels (10-15-0-3). Puck drop is at 7:00 p.m. at the Brandt Centre. The Pats are coming off a 3-2 overtime loss in Winnipeg on Friday, finishing their seven-game road stretch with a 3-3-1-0 record. The Rebels were in Moose Jaw on Friday and picked up a 7-3 win for a third consecutive victory. Tonight is the fourth and final meeting between Regina and Red Deer, the Pats are 2-0-1-0 in the season series. The game can be heard with Bennett Dunlop Ford Pats Hockey starting at 6:35 p.m. on 620 CKRM .
Regular Season Comparison Regina Red Deer
Record 6-17-3-0 10-15-0-3
Goals For/Against 68/106 (-38) 80/118 (-38)
Powerplay 15.7% (17/108) 18.1% (21/116)
Penalty Kill 78.6% (92/117) 78.3% (101/129)
Team Save Percentage 0.878 0.875
Leading Scorer Austin Pratt (10-13-23) Bains/Douglas (20 points)
Leading Scorer (Defence) Zach Wytinck (2-15-17) Dawson Barteaux (7-13-20)
Scoring by Period (1st-2nd-3rd-OT-SO) 26-22-18-0-2 22-25-30-3-0
- The Pats will meet the Rebels for the final time in 2019-20, Regina has two road wins and a home overtime loss in the season series.
- The Pats are 5-7-3-0 in their last 15 games after a 1-10-0-0 start to the year.
- Regina went 3-3-1-0 in their stretch of seven games on the road.
- Robbie Holmes had two assists in his 200th WHL game Friday night in Winnipeg.
- Riley Krane scored twice late in the third on Friday and has four goals in his last seven games.
- Max Paddock is 2-2-1-0 in his last five games, with a 2.60 GAA and a .936 save percentage with one shutout.
- Carson Denomie has two goals and seven points in nine games with the Pats.
- The Regina powerplay is nine for 26 in their last seven games, they were eight for 82 in their first 19 games.
Pats forward Robbie Holmes skated in the 200th game of his WHL career on Friday night in Winnipeg. The 20-year-old was drafted in the 11th round of the 2014 Bantam Draft by the Pats. He has scored 43 goals and has 85 points in his career. Holmes has 11 goals and 19 points in 26 games to start this season, good for third on the team in scoring, his 11 goals are the most on the team.
Paddock Keeps Rolling
Pats goaltender Max Paddock put together another stellar night in Winnipeg on Friday, making 40 saves in the Pats 3-2 overtime loss to the ICE. The 19-year-old is 2-2-1-0 in his last five games with a 2.60 GAA, a .936 save percentage and one shutout. Paddock has made 189 saves in that stretch and improved his overall save percentage on the season to .902 in 18 appearances.
Pats Approaching Notable Career Highlights
Austin Pratt is 20 games away from 300 in his WHL career.
Robbie Holmes is 14 points away from 100 in his WHL career.
Zach Wytinck is 13 games away from 200 in his WHL career and 17 points away from 100.
Riley Krane is 8 games away from 100 in his WHL career.
Nikita Sedov is 11 games away from 100 in his WHL career.
Last Pats Game
Riley Krane scored twice late in the third to earn the Pats a single point in a 3-2 overtime loss to the ICE in Winnipeg on Friday night. In the first, the ICE outshot Regina 15-6 and found the game's first goal on the powerplay from Michal Teply. In the second, the ICE went up 2-0 on a marker from Brad Ginnell and took that lead into the third period. Max Paddock was stellar through the opening 40 minutes, making 26 saves. In the final frame, it stayed 2-1 until the Pats pulled Paddock for the extra attacker with under two minutes to play. Riley Krane scored his sixth and seventh goals of the season with 1:21 and 25 seconds left to force overtime in a 2-2 game. In the extra period, the ICE got a powerplay goal from Peyton Krebs to take the extra point in a 3-2 final.
Last Pats Game Vs Red Deer
November 30, 2019 - Max Paddock made 45 saves and Ty Kolle scored twice to lead the Pats to a 4-3 win in Red Deer. Carson Denomie added a goal and an assist in the victory for the Pats. The Rebels were led by Chris Douglas and Ethan Sakowich who each had a goal and an assist.
Last 10 Games Vs Opponent
November 30, 2019 - Regina 4 @ Red Deer 3
November 3, 2019 - Red Deer 3 @ Regina 2 OT
October 19, 2019 - Regina 6 @ Red Deer 5 SO
February 27, 2019 - Red Deer 5 @ Regina 2
February 8, 2019 - Regina 3 @ Red Deer 2 OT
January 12, 2019 - Red Deer 9 @ Regina 4
December 7, 2018 - Regina 3 @ Red Deer 4 SO
December 1, 2017 - Regina 4 @ Red Deer 2
November 3, 2017 - Red Deer 3 @ Regina 4
October 28, 2017 - Regina 3 @ Red Deer 4 OT
Pats Leaders Vs Red Deer (Career)
Zach Wytinck - 13 GP, 0G, 11A, 11 PTS.
Ty Kolle - 7 GP, 4G, 3A, 7 PTS.
Austin Pratt - 7 GP, 3G, 4A, 7 PTS.
Robbie Holmes - 10 GP, 3G, 3A, 6 PTS.
Logan Nijhoff - 7 GP, 1G, 4A, 5 PTS.
Max Paddock - 5 GP, 2-1-1-1, 15 GA.
Individual Streaks (Active)
Austin Pratt - 4 games (1G, 3A).
Robbie Holmes - 3 games (2G, 2A).
Individual Streaks (Recent)
Logan Nijhoff - 5 games, October 12-November 1 (4G, 2A).
Pats Vs Kamloops - Wednesday December 11, 7 p.m. - Brandt Centre (CKRM)
Pats Vs Kelowna - Friday December 13, 7 p.m. - Brandt Centre (CKRM)
Pats Vs Winnipeg - Sunday December 15, 4 p.m. - Brandt Centre (CKRM)
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Hitmen Toss Oil Kings in OT - Calgary Hitmen
- Warriors Outshoot Raiders But Fall at Mosaic Place - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Kelowna outduels Saskatoon in come from behind shootout win - Kelowna Rockets
- Broncos Battle Hard, But Fall to Hurricanes 5-3 - Swift Current Broncos
- Three Multi-Point Efforts Lift Raiders Over Warriors - Prince Albert Raiders
- Pats Edge Red Deer on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Regina Pats
- Raiders Complete Weekend Sweep of Broncos - Prince Albert Raiders
- Tigers Make Blockbuster Deal with Giants - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Giants Acquire Preziuso, Longo and a 2020 First-Round Pick in a Blockbuster Trade with Medicine Hat - Vancouver Giants
- Game 29 vs Everett - Medicine Hat Tigers
- ICE and Blazers Meet on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Winnipeg Ice
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Saturday, December 7 at Edmonton - Calgary Hitmen
- Game Preview: Memorial Cup Hosts Kelowna Visit Saskatoon - Saskatoon Blades
- Game Day Preview: Pats Return Home to Host Red Deer Saturday Night - Regina Pats
- Giants Drop a Hard-Fought 2-1 Game to Spokane at Home Friday - Vancouver Giants
- Chiefs Steal 2-1 Win on Road at Vancouver - Spokane Chiefs
- Royals Upended by Thunderbirds - Victoria Royals
- Silvertips Ride Kindopp, Christiansen to 5-1 Victory at Swift Current - Everett Silvertips
- Rebels Solid Throughout Lineup in Convincing Victory over Warriors - Red Deer Rebels
- Blazers Outlast Wheat Kings 5 - 4 - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Mount Shines in Hometown to Lead T-Birds to Win over Victoria - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Powerful Power Play Propels Oil Kings to Win over Hitmen - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Tigers Win Sixth Straight 4-3 in a Shootout - Medicine Hat Tigers
- ICE Win 3-2 Thriller in OT against Regina - Winnipeg Ice
- Preview: Broncos Host Hurricanes in Final Home Game Before Christmas - Swift Current Broncos
- Penalty Kill Betrays Hitmen - Calgary Hitmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.