Game 29 vs Everett
The Story Coming In
The Medicine Hat Tigers were trailing 3-1 and came back to defeat the Lethbridge Hurricanes 4-3 in a shootout on Friday night in Lethbridge. It was the Tigers' sixth straight win and the 47th time in the team's 50 year franchise history where they've won 20 or more games in a season. Elijah Brown had a two point night (1G, 1A) extending his point streak to nine points (3G, 6A) in the last five games. The Tigers are 20-7-1-0 and they are led by Captain James Hamblin with 43 points (17G, 26A).
Tigers vs. Silvertips
For the first and only time this season, the Tigers will faceoff with the Silvertips. Last year, the Tabbies paid a visit to Angel of the Winds Arena in Everett and defeated the Silvertips 1-0. Goaltender Mads SÃ¸gaard stopped all 41 shots faced and earned his third career shutout in the contest. Captain James Hamblin scored the Tigers' lone tally on the power play. Medicine Hat is 2-1-0-0 against Everett over the past five years.
View from Everett
Tonight's game will be the third of a five game road trip for the Everett Silvertips. They started their road trip by turning aside the Lethbridge Hurricanes 3-1 on Wednesday night. Friday they travelled to Swift Current and took down the Broncos 5-1. Veteran forward Bryce Kindopp had a four point night (2G, 2A) in Swift Current while forward Gage Goncalves has five points (2G, 3A) so far on the road trip. The Silvertips are 19-6-1-0 and they are led by Kindopp with 32 points (17G, 15A).
Nick Perna is the newest member of the Tigers' blueline after being acquired from Portland November 28, 2019. The 18-year-old Dallas, Texas native has suited up for two games for the Orange and Black and he scored his first goal with his new team Tuesday, December 3 against the Lethbridge Hurricanes. Perna is a smart, smooth skating, two-way defenceman.
Captain James Hamblin is leading the Tigers with 43 points (17G, 26A) and he is tied for top scorer in the league. He also leads the league with the most assists. The 20-year-old Edmonton product has eight points (2G, 6A) in his last four games played and he was named the WHL McSweeney's Player of the Month for November after putting up 24 points (11G, 13A) in 12 games played that month. Hamblin leads the Tigers by example with his tireless work ethic. Look for the Captain to make an impact in tonight's contest.
Veteran forward Cyle McNabb scored his first goal in Orange and Black Friday night against the Hurricanes. McNabb was acquired by the Tigers from Saskatoon November 26, 2019, and he has suited up for four games with the Tigers picking up 2 points (1G, 1A).
Mads SÃ¸gaard's 41 save performance against the Silvertips last year was the second most shots he has faced when shutting out an opponent. The most was 48 shots when he shut the door on the Swift Current Broncos November 17, 2018.
In the 2004 WHL Finals, the Tigers swept the Silvertips in four games to win the franchise's fourth WHL Championship. Goaltender Kevin Nastiuk won playoff MVP. Nastiuk had two shutouts in the series and only allowed three goals over the four games played.
Mads SÃ¸gaard and Jonathan Brinkman reported to Team Denmark for the 2020 U20 World Championship Division 1 Group A Tournament in Minsk, Belarus. Their first game is December 9th against Latvia.
The Wawanesa Toy Drive in support of the Medicine Hat News Santa Claus Fund is December 14th when the Tigers host the Edmonton Oil Kings.
The Home Depot caters to do-it-yourselfers, as well as home improvement, construction and building maintenance professionals. The Home Depot Canada operates 182 stores in convenient locations across Canada including the one here in Medicine Hat.
CF Industries Community Corner
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes used ensures they have the nitrogen they need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities.
Special Olympics Alberta - Medicine Hat serves athletes with intellectual disabilities from our community. Through Special Olympics, athletes develop sports skills, social skills and self-esteem, which assist them in becoming actively involved in recreational, educational, and employment opportunities in our community.
Montana's BBQ & Bar Birthday Party Package
The Medicine Hat Tigers along with Montana's BBQ & Bar are excited to introduce Birthday Party Packages this season. There are three different packages that fans can choose from and all packages include two adult tickets and eight child tickets. To inquire about Montana's BBQ & Bar Birthday Party Packages please call the Tigers Office at 403.526.2666.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Hitmen Toss Oil Kings in OT - Calgary Hitmen
- Warriors Outshoot Raiders But Fall at Mosaic Place - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Kelowna outduels Saskatoon in come from behind shootout win - Kelowna Rockets
- Broncos Battle Hard, But Fall to Hurricanes 5-3 - Swift Current Broncos
- Three Multi-Point Efforts Lift Raiders Over Warriors - Prince Albert Raiders
- Pats Edge Red Deer on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Regina Pats
- Raiders Complete Weekend Sweep of Broncos - Prince Albert Raiders
- Tigers Make Blockbuster Deal with Giants - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Giants Acquire Preziuso, Longo and a 2020 First-Round Pick in a Blockbuster Trade with Medicine Hat - Vancouver Giants
- Game 29 vs Everett - Medicine Hat Tigers
- ICE and Blazers Meet on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Winnipeg Ice
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Saturday, December 7 at Edmonton - Calgary Hitmen
- Game Preview: Memorial Cup Hosts Kelowna Visit Saskatoon - Saskatoon Blades
- Game Day Preview: Pats Return Home to Host Red Deer Saturday Night - Regina Pats
- Giants Drop a Hard-Fought 2-1 Game to Spokane at Home Friday - Vancouver Giants
- Chiefs Steal 2-1 Win on Road at Vancouver - Spokane Chiefs
- Royals Upended by Thunderbirds - Victoria Royals
- Silvertips Ride Kindopp, Christiansen to 5-1 Victory at Swift Current - Everett Silvertips
- Rebels Solid Throughout Lineup in Convincing Victory over Warriors - Red Deer Rebels
- Blazers Outlast Wheat Kings 5 - 4 - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Mount Shines in Hometown to Lead T-Birds to Win over Victoria - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Powerful Power Play Propels Oil Kings to Win over Hitmen - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Tigers Win Sixth Straight 4-3 in a Shootout - Medicine Hat Tigers
- ICE Win 3-2 Thriller in OT against Regina - Winnipeg Ice
- Preview: Broncos Host Hurricanes in Final Home Game Before Christmas - Swift Current Broncos
- Penalty Kill Betrays Hitmen - Calgary Hitmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.