Game Day: 2017 Wraps up with Matchup against IceMen
Norfolk, VA. - The Norfolk Admirals, proud member of the ECHL, host the Jacksonville Icemen for a second straight night, wrapping up the 2017 portion of the season.
Admirals (11-17-2-0) vs Icemen (8-15-3-2)
Last Time Out:
Defenseman Chase Harrison scored his first and second professional goals on Friday night, but it wasn't enough as the Admirals fell to the Icemen 4-3 in OT. It was the third time in three games that Norfolk and Jacksonville played into the extra period.
The Admirals jumped out to a 2-0 lead just under midway through the first, but Jacksonville answered the Norfolk goal with one of their own only 0:13 later to cut the lead to one. The visitors would add another goal before the end of the period to tie the game at 2-2 heading into the intermission. Teams would trade goals in the second as Chase Harrison netted his second of the night, but no one would be able to break the deadlock until the extra period.
In the overtime it was Josh Erickson, in his first game with Jacksonville, who netted the game-winner 1:53 into the period.
Head to Head:
Saturday is the fourth meeting of the season between the squads. Each team has picked up at least a point in each of the first three, with the Admirals being victorious in the two meetings in Jacksonville. The visiting team has been the victor in each of the first three extended games. Norfolk and Jacksonville play three more times this season, with all three occurring in Norfolk.
Jacksonville's Elgin Pearce leads all scorers with three goals in the series, however Norfolk's Brodie Dupont leads all skaters with seven points (1g, 6a). Teammate Darik Angeli is right behind Dupont with six points (2g, 4a). Patrick D'Amico (2g) and Chase Harrison (2g) are the only admirals apart from Angeli with multiple goals against Jacksonville.
Scott Savage leads the Icemen with four points (2g, 2a) in the three-game series. Josh Erickson (2g, 1a) is one of three Icemen with three points. The forward netted all three points last night in his first game against Norfolk this season.
Each of the first three games between the Admirals and Icemen this season has gone past regulation. Two of the three have been decided in overtime, while the third needed a shootout. Norfolk has played in a total of seven overtime games this season, going into a shootout twice. Of the five games finished in the overtime period Norfolk has been victorious in three while losing twice. The team has yet to lose in a shootout this season (2-0).
Jacksonville, like Norfolk, has appeared in seven overtime games. The Icemen have the inverse record from the Admirals going 2-3 in the overtime frame, and 0-2 in shootouts. Only five ECHL teams have played more overtime games than Jacksonville and Norfolk this season, yet eight teams have been to overtime on seven occasions.
Seeing Old Teammates Again:
Norfolk's Chase Harrison faced his former team for the first time since being traded to the Admirals from Jacksonville on December 17 in exchange for Tim Daly. In 23 games with the Icemen, Harrison tallied three assists, but had not scored. Last night Harrison scored his first and second professional goals.
The multi-goal game was the first of not only Harrison's professional career, but first since his youth hockey days. The Winnipeg native skated in 240 games with the Regina Pats (WHL) during his junior career, but never scored multiple goals in the same game. The defenseman had never tallied multiple points in the same game as a professional or junior player until Friday as well. Harrison became the 8th player to notch a multi-goal game and 16th to notch a multi-point game for the Admirals this season.
Take the Ice:
After the game on Saturday night fans are once again invited to join the Admirals on the ice for a post-game skate. Fans who wish to skate will be allowed to take the ice 10-15 minutes after the conclusion of the game. Players will be available to take photos, sign autographs and skate with fans.
FOR MORE INFO: Contact Admirals Media Manager Isaac Berky at 757-640-1212 ex. 15 (office),765-610-7777 (cell) or at firstname.lastname@example.org ####
-- Isaac Berky
Norfolk Admirals Hockey
201 E. Brambleton Ave.
Norfolk, VA 23510
Ph: (757) 640-1212 ext. 15
Fax: (757) 622-0552
Primary Email: email@example.com
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 31, 2017
- Big Crowd at DCU Center Watch Railers Drop 5-4 Decision to Monarchs - Worcester Railers HC
- Toledo Takes a Close One, 5-4 - Wheeling Nailers
- Angeli Nets Hat Trick as IceMen Top Ads in Shootout - Norfolk Admirals
- Huntebrinker's Hat Trick Propels Royals to 5-3 Win - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Goz Joins Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Dzierkals Reassigned to Solar Bears by Marlies - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Tony Turgeon Returns to Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - December 30 - ECHL
- Nailers vs. Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, December 30 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: 2017 Wraps up with Matchup against IceMen - Norfolk Admirals
- Melancon Released from PTO, Returned to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, December 30 - Manchester Monarchs
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Penguins Recall Wydo & Gardiner - Wheeling Nailers
- Marvel Super Hero Night Preview vs. Adirondack - Reading Royals
- HOME GAME TONIGHT - Sat Dec 30 - Tulsa Oilers vs Kansas City - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals' Senick Joins Local Special Olympics Board - Reading Royals
- Rush Fall to Eagles - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Edge Mallards in Shootout - Quad City Mallards
- Winquist Matches Solar Bears Record in 5-3 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Loses Second of the Week vs. Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Game Recap --- Colorado Scores Three in the Third Period to Top Rush - Colorado Eagles
- Game Report: Mavericks Edge Oilers in Low-Scoring Battle - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Battle Back, But Fort Wayne Prevails - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Recap: Wings and Walleye Combine for Wild Finish on Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Brampton's Third Period Comeback Falls Short in Greenville - Brampton Beast
- 'Blades Suffer First Regulation Road Loss in Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Harrison Nets Pair against Old Team as Admirals Fall in Overtime - Norfolk Admirals
- Rookie Forward Steven Lorentz Reassigned to AHL Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - December 29 - ECHL
- Media Advisory New Year's Eve with the Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Day: Admirals Search for Fourth Straight, Hosting IceMen - Norfolk Admirals
- Cleland Joins Royals Roster, Reassigned by AHL's Toron - Reading Royals
- Besse Signs PTO with Tucson - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.