Harrison Nets Pair against Old Team as Admirals Fall in Overtime
Norfolk, VA - Chase Harrison picked up a pair of goals against his former team but Jacksonville topped the Admirals 4-3 in overtime on Friday night.
Harrison, acquired from Jacksonville in exchange for Tim Daly, netted his first and second professional goals in his first game against his former team. Christian Horn added an assist giving the forward two points in two games since joining Norfolk. The Admirals now have power play goals in six of their last seven games.
For the 13th time this season the Admirals struck first. Max Cook took the puck in the right corner, throwing it towards the front of the net where Brodie Dupont tipped it past Austin Lotz, giving Norfolk a 1-0 lead. The goal was Dupont's 10th of the season. Under three minutes later a former Icemen got his revenge against his former team. On the power play Chas Harrison wound up with a slap shot from the right point that zipped past the glove hand of Lotz giving the Admirals a 2-0 lead. Jacksonville answered back getting goals from Cameron Critchlow and Tanner Eberle before the period ended to tie the game at 2-2 after the first.
Jacksonville struck first in the second taking their first lead at the 4:10 mark of the second period. Five minutes later the Admirals power play went back to work, this time with 1:45 of five-on-three power play time. With time almost expired on the power play Chase Harrison netted his second of the night. Harrison's shot through traffic found its way to the back of the net, tying the game at 3-3.
Nobody would be able to break the 3-3 tie in the third period, sending the teams to overtime for the third straight game between the teams. In the overtime period it was Josh Erickson who ended the game 1:57 into the period. Erickson walked down the left wing, roofing a shot past Ty Reichenbach to give Jacksonville the 4-3 victory.
Ty Reichenbach, making his seventh consecutive start, stopped 21 of 25 shots, while Lotz made 36 saves on 39 shots. Norfolk and Jacksonville will face off for a second straight night on Saturday, Dec. 30.
FOR MORE INFO: Contact Admirals Media Manager Isaac Berky at 757-640-1212 ex. 15 (office),765-610-7777 (cell) or at firstname.lastname@example.org ####
-- Isaac Berky
Norfolk Admirals Hockey
201 E. Brambleton Ave.
Norfolk, VA 23510
Ph: (757) 640-1212 ext. 15
Fax: (757) 622-0552
Primary Email: email@example.com
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 31, 2017
- Big Crowd at DCU Center Watch Railers Drop 5-4 Decision to Monarchs - Worcester Railers HC
- Toledo Takes a Close One, 5-4 - Wheeling Nailers
- Angeli Nets Hat Trick as IceMen Top Ads in Shootout - Norfolk Admirals
- Huntebrinker's Hat Trick Propels Royals to 5-3 Win - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Goz Joins Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Dzierkals Reassigned to Solar Bears by Marlies - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Tony Turgeon Returns to Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - December 30 - ECHL
- Nailers vs. Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, December 30 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: 2017 Wraps up with Matchup against IceMen - Norfolk Admirals
- Melancon Released from PTO, Returned to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, December 30 - Manchester Monarchs
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Penguins Recall Wydo & Gardiner - Wheeling Nailers
- Marvel Super Hero Night Preview vs. Adirondack - Reading Royals
- HOME GAME TONIGHT - Sat Dec 30 - Tulsa Oilers vs Kansas City - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals' Senick Joins Local Special Olympics Board - Reading Royals
- Rush Fall to Eagles - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Edge Mallards in Shootout - Quad City Mallards
- Winquist Matches Solar Bears Record in 5-3 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Loses Second of the Week vs. Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Game Recap --- Colorado Scores Three in the Third Period to Top Rush - Colorado Eagles
- Game Report: Mavericks Edge Oilers in Low-Scoring Battle - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Battle Back, But Fort Wayne Prevails - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Recap: Wings and Walleye Combine for Wild Finish on Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Brampton's Third Period Comeback Falls Short in Greenville - Brampton Beast
- 'Blades Suffer First Regulation Road Loss in Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Harrison Nets Pair against Old Team as Admirals Fall in Overtime - Norfolk Admirals
- Rookie Forward Steven Lorentz Reassigned to AHL Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - December 29 - ECHL
- Media Advisory New Year's Eve with the Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Day: Admirals Search for Fourth Straight, Hosting IceMen - Norfolk Admirals
- Cleland Joins Royals Roster, Reassigned by AHL's Toron - Reading Royals
- Besse Signs PTO with Tucson - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.