Angeli Nets Hat Trick as IceMen Top Ads in Shootout
Norfolk, VA - Darik Angeli potted a hat trick for the Admirals, but Jacksonville squeaked out a 5-4 victory in the skills competition on Saturday night.
Angeli scored the Admirals third hat trick of the season in the loss. Captain Brodie Dupont netted another multi-point night, recording three points (1g, 4a). The Admirals have recorded points in five straight games.
Trailing 3-0 the Admirals power play got the offense rolling once again. Brodie Dupont walked off the right wing wall and snapped the puck low to the glove side of Austin Lotz, bringing the Admirals within one. Three minutes later Darik Angeli brought the Admirals within one. The winger cut around the net jamming the puck to the left post before Lotz could get over. Jacksonville held onto the 3-2 lead at the first intermission.
In the second Darik Angeli struck again. Moments after an Admiral power play ended Nick Miglio connected with the forward at the left dot who snapped the puck past Lotz and into the back of the net, tying the game at 3-3.
In the third period Jacksonville retook the lead 7:42 into the period when Jimmy Lodge netted a power play tally, slamming home a rebound right in front of the net. Late in the period Darik Angeli wrapped up his hat trick to send the game past regulation once again. Brodie Dupont won the draw back to Angeli who quickly popped a shot into the top corner, tying the game at 4-4 with 2:44 to play in regulation. Tied at 4-4 Jacksonville and Norfolk headed to overtime for the fourth consecutive game between the teams.
Both squads traded chances in the extra period, but no one was able to capitalize, sending the game to a shootout. In the shootout former Admiral Tim Daly was the only skater to score, scoring in the third round of the shootout.
Jamie Murray made 32 saves in the loss, while Austin Lotz claimed the victory making 25 saves.
Norfolk is in action on Wednesday night as they host the Wheeling Nailers at 7:00pm.
-- Isaac Berky
Norfolk Admirals Hockey
201 E. Brambleton Ave.
Norfolk, VA 23510
Ph: (757) 640-1212 ext. 15
Fax: (757) 622-0552
Primary Email: email@example.com
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 31, 2017
- Big Crowd at DCU Center Watch Railers Drop 5-4 Decision to Monarchs - Worcester Railers HC
- Toledo Takes a Close One, 5-4 - Wheeling Nailers
- Angeli Nets Hat Trick as IceMen Top Ads in Shootout - Norfolk Admirals
- Huntebrinker's Hat Trick Propels Royals to 5-3 Win - Reading Royals
- Defenseman Goz Joins Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Dzierkals Reassigned to Solar Bears by Marlies - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Florida Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Tony Turgeon Returns to Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - December 30 - ECHL
- Nailers vs. Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, December 30 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: 2017 Wraps up with Matchup against IceMen - Norfolk Admirals
- Melancon Released from PTO, Returned to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, December 30 - Manchester Monarchs
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Penguins Recall Wydo & Gardiner - Wheeling Nailers
- Marvel Super Hero Night Preview vs. Adirondack - Reading Royals
- HOME GAME TONIGHT - Sat Dec 30 - Tulsa Oilers vs Kansas City - Tulsa Oilers
- Royals' Senick Joins Local Special Olympics Board - Reading Royals
- Rush Fall to Eagles - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Edge Mallards in Shootout - Quad City Mallards
- Winquist Matches Solar Bears Record in 5-3 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Loses Second of the Week vs. Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Game Recap --- Colorado Scores Three in the Third Period to Top Rush - Colorado Eagles
- Game Report: Mavericks Edge Oilers in Low-Scoring Battle - Tulsa Oilers
- Nailers Battle Back, But Fort Wayne Prevails - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Recap: Wings and Walleye Combine for Wild Finish on Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Brampton's Third Period Comeback Falls Short in Greenville - Brampton Beast
- 'Blades Suffer First Regulation Road Loss in Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Harrison Nets Pair against Old Team as Admirals Fall in Overtime - Norfolk Admirals
- Rookie Forward Steven Lorentz Reassigned to AHL Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - December 29 - ECHL
- Media Advisory New Year's Eve with the Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Game Day: Admirals Search for Fourth Straight, Hosting IceMen - Norfolk Admirals
- Cleland Joins Royals Roster, Reassigned by AHL's Toron - Reading Royals
- Besse Signs PTO with Tucson - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.