Game #21 Preview: Blades at Hitmen
Saskatoon Blades (12-7-1-0) @ Calgary Hitmen (7-9-0-0)
Date | Time Saturday, November 27th | 2:30pm CT
Place Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, AB
Video Stream WHL Live
Radio 600 CJWW Radio | Pre-Game Show w/ Les Lazaruk @ 2:00pm CT
Mobile App Apple | Android
What's Next Sunday, Nov. 28th @ Edmonton Oil Kings (5:00pm CT)
Social Media Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok
Viewing Party Wendel Clark's Classic Grill & Bar
The Saskatoon Blades (12-7-1-0) take on the Calgary Hitmen (7-9-0-0) in the second of a challenging 'three-in-three' through Alberta, looking to follow up a 3-1 victory in Red Deer the previous night.
This is the Blades' first of four meetings against Calgary this season, and the team's first trip to Scotiabank Saddledome since November 2nd of 2019 - 756 days ago.
Saskatoon's win in Red Deer snapped a three-game losing streak, and was highlighted by a pair of goals from forward Trevor Wong and a 40-save performance by Nolan Maier.
Calgary comes into the afternoon tilt coming off back-to-back losses against Red Deer and Edmonton last weekend.
This is the Blades' sixth stop as part of a nine-game stint away from SaskTel Centre. The home of the Blades is currently occupied by Curling Canada for the Canadian Olympic Curling Trials.
Who to Watch
Forward Trevor Wong is coming off a sensational three-point performance in Red Deer which included netting the game-winner against the Rebels. The Vancouver, BC product added an assist on Kyle Crnkovic's empty netter to seal a 3-1 victory. Wong needs just one more marker to match his season-high of six, which was set in the 2019-20 campaign with the Kelowna Rockets.
Alternate captain Kyle Crnkovic returned to the scoresheet on Friday, scoring the Blades third goal against Red Deer. It's the speedy winger's 11th goal of the season, matching San Jose Sharks prospect Tristen Robins for the team lead.
Veteran netminder Nolan Maier is coming off a sensational performance in Red Deer, stopping 40 of 41 shots and earning the game's second star. The pride of Yorkton, SK is up to 10 victories on the season, and a franchise-record 101 in his career.
On the Record
Forward Trevor Wong
Head coach Brennan Sonne
Grab some grub and catch the game at Wendel Clark's Classic Grill, where they'll be live streaming all 34 away games this season! Look out for their gameday specials and enjoy the game at one of Saskatoon's finest establishments. Boston Pizza is also streaming Blades games throughout the season!
Saves for Hunger
This season, The Saskatoon Blades have partnered with Nutrien to launch the "Saves for Hunger" Campaign. For every save a Blades netminder makes this season, Nutrien is donating $5 to a local organization. Blades goaltenders have made 572 saves so far, running the tally up to $2860 raised as the team heads into Calgary.
Think you know who'll score our first goal? Look for our First Goal Prediction Contest, brought to you by Boston Pizza, on all of our social media platforms! Good luck!
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2021
- Warriors Roll over Broncos to Finish Weekend - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Third Period Costs Broncos in Moose Jaw - Swift Current Broncos
- Guhle Strikes Twice as Raiders Down Wheat Kings - Prince Albert Raiders
- Americans Mourn the Loss of Former Player Matt Swaby - Tri-City Americans
- Benson to Wear an "A" for Team Canada - Winnipeg Ice
- Blades Fall in Calgary, Look to Rebound in Edmonton - Saskatoon Blades
- Hitmen Trade Forward Tristan Zandee - Calgary Hitmen
- Hitmen Swamp Blades 7-0 - Calgary Hitmen
- Oil Kings Mourn the Loss of Former Captain Matt Swaby - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Cristall Named Alternate Captain Of Canada White At Captial City Challenge - Kelowna Rockets
- Ams Looking to Return to Win Column in Road Game against Thunderbirds - Tri-City Americans
- Gameday Preview - at Winnipeg - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Tigers Fall 7-4 to Wheat Kings - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Wheat Kings Welcome Raiders - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Chiefs Head Back Home to Host Vancouver Giants - Spokane Chiefs
- Game 22 - Medicine Hat at ICE - Winnipeg Ice
- Benson Scores in Opening Win - Winnipeg Ice
- Game #21 Preview: Blades at Hitmen - Saskatoon Blades
- Pats Aim for Fourth Straight Win - Regina Pats
- Americans Struggle to Hold off Giants, Fall 3-1 - Tri-City Americans
- McMillan Propels Rockets past Chiefs in Shootout - Kelowna Rockets
- Maier Turns Aside 40 Shots as Blades Slip Past Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- Goalie Battle in Kelowna Ends in 2-1 Shootout Loss for Chiefs - Spokane Chiefs
- Royals Win in OT against Silvertips - Victoria Royals
- Giants Earn Second Straight Road Win with a 3-1 Victory over Tri-City - Vancouver Giants
- Wong Nets a Pair, Maier Stellar in Blades 3-1 Win - Saskatoon Blades
- Blazers' Late Comeback Caps Hawks' Point Streak at 4 - Portland Winterhawks
- Greig Shines in 7-4 Win - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Pickering's Overtime Winner Lifts Broncos over Warriors - Swift Current Broncos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.