Wheat Kings Welcome Raiders
Wheat Kings Regular Season Record: 9-10-0-0 Home: 6-5-0-0 Road: 3-5-0-0
Head Coach: Don MacGillivray | 85 WHL games coached (PA, BWK) | All-Time Record: 39-40-6-0
Tonight's Matchup: The Brandon Wheat Kings are searching for their first four game winning streak tonight when the Prince Albert Raiders come to town. Brandon won the first two meetings of the season 5-2 and 5-4 (OT) respectively.
Last Time Out: 7-4 W vs Medicine Hat: It was a career night for Ridly Greig who scored three times and added two assists for the first 5 point night of his career. It was also his first WHL hat-trick. Twelve of the eighteen skaters recorded at least a point for the Wheat Kings, who got 30 saves from Ethan Kruger.
TOP 5 WHEAT KINGS SCORERS
Ridly Greig - 12G - 11A - 23 Points
Nolan Ritchie - 8G - 15A - 23 Points
Rylen Roersma - 8G - 6A - 14 Points
Nate Danielson - 3G - 11A - 14 Points
Chad Nychuk - 5G - 8A - 13 Points
Goals (12) - Ridley Greig | Assists (11) - Danielson & Greig
Points (23) - Greig & Ritchie | PIMS (37) - Ridly Greig
Plus/Minus (8) - Ridly Greig | Shots (76) - Ridly Greig
Wins (6) - Ethan Kruger | Shutouts (0) - None
Save % (.891) - Ethan Kruger | Goals Against Average (3.57) - Ethan Kruger
NEWS & NOTES:
Ridly's Believe It or Note: Captain Ridly Greig comes into play tonight riding a four-game point streak, but what's more impressive is his point production on this three-game winning streak. The Ottawa Senators draft pick has scored six times and added five assists in the last three games while firing 18 shots at opposing netminders.
Three Headed Monster: The top line of Greig, Nolan Ritchie and Marcus Kallionkieli have combined for 26 points in the last three games, including ten goals and sixteen assists.
Oh Dany Boy: Nate Danielson has quietly put together a five game point scoring streak of his own. The Red Deer native has two goals and five assists in his last five games while recording 18 shots on goal. His biggest offensive outburst of the season came on Tuesday, with a goal and three assists in the win over Swift Current.
My Cousin Vinny: After a 14 game scoring drought, Vinny Iorio has scored in two of his last three games, including the game's first goal last night. Iorio comes into play tonight riding a three game point streak (2G-1A).
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2021
- Warriors Roll over Broncos to Finish Weekend - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Third Period Costs Broncos in Moose Jaw - Swift Current Broncos
- Guhle Strikes Twice as Raiders Down Wheat Kings - Prince Albert Raiders
- Americans Mourn the Loss of Former Player Matt Swaby - Tri-City Americans
- Benson to Wear an "A" for Team Canada - Winnipeg Ice
- Blades Fall in Calgary, Look to Rebound in Edmonton - Saskatoon Blades
- Hitmen Trade Forward Tristan Zandee - Calgary Hitmen
- Hitmen Swamp Blades 7-0 - Calgary Hitmen
- Oil Kings Mourn the Loss of Former Captain Matt Swaby - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Cristall Named Alternate Captain Of Canada White At Captial City Challenge - Kelowna Rockets
- Ams Looking to Return to Win Column in Road Game against Thunderbirds - Tri-City Americans
- Gameday Preview - at Winnipeg - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Tigers Fall 7-4 to Wheat Kings - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Wheat Kings Welcome Raiders - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Chiefs Head Back Home to Host Vancouver Giants - Spokane Chiefs
- Game 22 - Medicine Hat at ICE - Winnipeg Ice
- Benson Scores in Opening Win - Winnipeg Ice
- Game #21 Preview: Blades at Hitmen - Saskatoon Blades
- Pats Aim for Fourth Straight Win - Regina Pats
- Americans Struggle to Hold off Giants, Fall 3-1 - Tri-City Americans
- McMillan Propels Rockets past Chiefs in Shootout - Kelowna Rockets
- Maier Turns Aside 40 Shots as Blades Slip Past Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- Goalie Battle in Kelowna Ends in 2-1 Shootout Loss for Chiefs - Spokane Chiefs
- Royals Win in OT against Silvertips - Victoria Royals
- Giants Earn Second Straight Road Win with a 3-1 Victory over Tri-City - Vancouver Giants
- Wong Nets a Pair, Maier Stellar in Blades 3-1 Win - Saskatoon Blades
- Blazers' Late Comeback Caps Hawks' Point Streak at 4 - Portland Winterhawks
- Greig Shines in 7-4 Win - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Pickering's Overtime Winner Lifts Broncos over Warriors - Swift Current Broncos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.