Gallagher Signs with Colorado Organization
SUGAR LAND, TX - The Sugar Land Skeeters announced today that Skeeters pitcher Sean Gallagher has signed with the Colorado Rockies organization. The announcement was made by Skeeters Manager Gary Gaetti and Director of Operations Michael Kirk.
Gallagher, 27, made four starts with Sugar Land this year, going 2-0 with a 2.05 ERA (5ER/22IP) and 10 strikeouts. His 22.0 innings pitched rank second-most on the team, while he assisted in leading the Skeeters to a 21-3 record to start 2013 and posting one of the highest winning percentages (.875) in professional baseball.
Originally a 12th round pick of the Chicago Cubs in the June 2004 Draft, Gallagher spent four seasons in the Major Leagues with Chicago-NL (2007-08), Oakland (2008-09), San Diego (2009-10) and Pittsburgh (2010). In 91 career games (23 starts), he owns a 10-10 Major League record with a 5.64 ERA (130ER/207.1IP). A veteran of nine minor league seasons, Gallagher holds a 56-41 record with a 3.54 ERA (317ER/806.2IP) and 702 strikeouts over 157 games, including 150 starts. Last season, the right-hander went 10-9 with a 4.92 ERA (76ER/139.0IP) for Cincinnati's Triple A Louisville.
Gallagher marks the first active Skeeters player to be signed by an affiliated club in 2013. Last season, Sugar Land witnessed 13 players move from its roster to an affiliated club roster, including current Cleveland Indians starter Scott Kazmir.
Limited eight-game and full-season ticket plans are still available, so fans are encouraged to act now and be a part of the 2013 season excitement. For more information about the Atlantic League, the Sugar Land Skeeters or how to purchase tickets, visit the team's website at www.sugarlandskeeters.com or call the Skeeters ticket office at 281.240.HITS.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from May 14, 2013
- Skeeters Win 7th Straight and Improve to 11-0 at Constellation Field - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Back And Forth Battle Goes The Way Of Ducks - York Revolution
- Barnstormers, DiNardo Stumble in Camden - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Three-Run Seventh Lifts Ducks over Revs - Long Island Ducks
- Blue Crabs Rally in Ninth Inning to Beat Patriots 4-3 - Somerset Patriots
- Area Students May Nominate Top Teachers for Free Revs Tickets - York Revolution
- Watts and Phillips Signed - Long Island Ducks
- Gallagher Signs with Colorado Organization - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Former Big Leaguer Mitchell Joins Bluefish - Bridgeport Bluefish
- Revolution Pitcher Matt Fox Signed by Mets - York Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sugar Land Skeeters Stories
- Pete Incaviglia Named Atlantic League Manager of the Year
- Skeeters to Hold Championship Celebration at Sugar Land Town Square
- Skeeters Take Home 2nd Atlantic League Championship in Franchise History
- Baseball Lifer Doc Edwards Passes
- Skeeters Re-Sign Former Major League LHP Paco Rodriguez