Gagnon named T-Birds 2005-06 captain
Seattle, September 22, 2005 - The Seattle Thunderbirds are pleased to announce center Aaron Gagnon has been named the team captain for the 2005-06 season.
"He is a guy that clearly plays with passion," Rob Sumner, T-Birds head coach said. "In all areas that we look to for leadership, he is the guy we look too in every category. He is the leader on our team on and off the ice."
Gagnon has played 197 games in a T-Birds uniform, registering 119 points on 57 goals and 62 assists. He has a career plus-minus rating of plus-49 with only 72 career penalty minutes. Aaron was selected by the Phoenix Coyotes in the eighth round, 240th overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. Aaron recently participated in Team Canada's World Junior Development Camp at Whistler, British Columbia, in early August. He will find out in December if he has been selected to represent his country at the World Junior Championships in Vancouver, British Columbia, from December 26, 2005 through January 5, 2006.
T-Birds alternate captains will be rotated by Sumner throughout the season.
The T-Birds open their season with back-to-back games in Prince George against the Cougars on Friday, September 23 and Saturday, September 24. They travel to Kamloops on Wednesday, September 28 before returning to Seattle for the home opener. The T-Birds will take on the Blazers on Saturday, October 1 at KeyArena at 7:05 p.m.
The season opener can be heard live on 1150 AM KKNW starting at 7:15 p.m. with the pregame show or seen via online web cast at www.livestream.whl.ca.
Single game tickets to the home opener against the Blazers can be purchased at any Ticketmaster outlet, online at www.seattlethunderbirds.com, at the T- Birds office and practice facility at Kingsgate Ice Arena in Kirkland or by calling 425-869-7825. Season and group tickets are also available by calling the T- Bird office at 425-869-7825.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 22, 2005
- Blazers cut roster to 26 - Kamloops Blazers
- Chiefs open regular season against the Ice - Spokane Chiefs
- Anze Kopitar will return to Europe this season - Regina Pats
- Parker departs Cougars den - Prince George Cougars
- Kalus will play Friday night in Brandon - Regina Pats
- Tigers team up with Red Cross for hurricane relief - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Cracknell named captain - Kootenay Ice
- Pats name team captains - Regina Pats
- Chiefs down to 23 players - Spokane Chiefs
- Gagnon named T-Birds 2005-06 captain - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Blazers Make Three Announcements - Kamloops Blazers
- Red Deer Rebels Name Captains - Red Deer Rebels
- Wheaties to boast eight locals - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Thunderbirds Stories
- Chiefs Get Past T-Birds in Overtime
- Silvertips Slide Past T-Birds on Military Appreciation Night
- Rockets Slip Past T-Birds
- Cougars Shut out T-Birds
- Prince George Claws Past T-Birds