Gabe Snyder activated from Temporary Inactive List
Cedar Rapids, IA - The Cedar Rapids Kernels and Minnesota Twins announce that INF Gabe Snyder has been activated from the temporary inactive list and INF Albee Weiss has been assigned to Elizabethton. Brian Maloney, Senior Manager of Minor League Operations, announced the move.
Snyder went on the inactive list on May 17th. He has played in 27 games for the Kernels this season and is batting .306 (30-98) with 3 HR and 10 RBI. He was selected by the Twins in the 21st round of the 2018 First Year Player Draft out of Wright State.
Weiss played in three games for the Kernels, batting .364 (4-11) with three doubles and an RBI. He was selected by the Twins in the 23rd round of the 2018 First Year Player Draft out of Cal State Northridge.
Snyder is active and available for tonight's 6:35 PM game vs. Burlington. With today's transactions, the Kernels roster remains at the MWL maximum of 25 active players, with three players on the injured list and one player on the restricted list.
The Kernels begin an eight-game home stand tonight vs. Burlington at 6:35 PM with the gates opening at 5:30 PM. The upcoming home stand continues through Monday, May 27th.
Chris Kleinhans-Schulz and Morgan Hawk bring you all of the play-by-play on the radio home of Kernels baseball, 1450 KMRY AM and 93.1 KMRY FM. Fans may listen on-line at www.kmryradio.com, or www.kernels.com. Fans may also stream all 70 Kernels home game and selected road games via a MiLB.TV subscription. Visit www.milb.com for MiLB.TV subscription information.
Tickets may be purchased on-line at www.kernels.com, or by calling the Kernels Ticket Office at 896-7560. Ticket office hours are 10 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, and 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 20, 2019
- Nuts Rally to Force Extras, Fall in 10th - Lansing Lugnuts
- Costes Comes up Clutch, Deason Dominates in 7-5 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Peoria's Fast Start is Too Much for Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Captains Stop Dragons Comeback Effort, Edge Dayton 3-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Herrera Homers as Chiefs Beat Rattlers 7-4 - Peoria Chiefs
- TinCaps to Unveil POW/MIA Chair at Parkview Field on Friday - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Rijo, Kernels Blank Bees Monday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Weathers Returns, and Offense Provides Support in TinCaps Victory - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Benson Captures Second Player of the Week Award - Lake County Captains
- Andrew Cabezas Named MWL and Twins Pitcher of the Week - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 20 vs. South Bend (Game 41) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Gabe Snyder activated from Temporary Inactive List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- South Bend Cubs to Co-Host Military Appreciation Week - South Bend Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.