Dragons Notes for Monday
Monday, May 20, 2019 l Game # 43
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Lake County Captains (24-17) at Dayton Dragons (14-28)
RH Cody Morris (2-0, 3.71) vs. RH Jhon De Jesus (1-3, 5.27)
Click Here for the complete Press Box Notes packet
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lake County Captains (affiliate of the Cleveland Indians) in the first game of a five-game series. The series will include the completion of a suspended game on Tuesday at 6:00 p.m.
Road Trip: The Dragons completed their seven-game road trip on Sunday with a 2-5 record. They went 1-2 at Great Lakes, 1-3 at South Bend. During the trip (Monday-Sunday), the Dragons hit .223 with a team ERA of 4.19. The Dragons were 16th in the MWL in runs scored during the week and 6th in ERA.
Streaks: The Dragons have lost eight of their last 10 games after winning four of the previous six.
Last Game: Sunday: South Bend 8, Dayton 4. The Cubs scored four runs in the first inning and never trailed in the game. The Dragons pulled to within two with two runs in the third keyed by a Michael Siani triple, but South Bend responded with one run in the fourth and two more in the fifth to build their lead to 7-2. Juan Martinez had a sixth inning home run for Dayton. The Dragons finished the day with just four hits.
The Dragons are 9-2 when holding the opponent to three runs or less.
The Dragons have held the lead in 30 of their 42 games this season (and 16 of their 28 losses). They have lost 11 games in which they held a lead of at least two runs at some point during the game.
The Dragons top hitter on the road trip was Pabel Manzanero: 7 for 21 (.333), 1 HR, 5 RBI in six games.
Juan Martinez is 8 for 26 (.308) with a home run and five walks over his last eight games. He has hit safely in five straight games.
Jay Schuyler is 7 for 23 (.304) over his last six games.
Reliever Connor Bennett in May: 2.00 ERA, 2 saves (9 IP, 2 ER, 15 SO).
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Tuesday, May 21 (6:00 p.m., suspended DH): Lake County LH Zach Draper (2-0, 0.32) at Dayton RH James Marinan (1-5, 6.18)
Wednesday, May 22 (7:00 p.m.): Lake County RH Alex Royalty (0-2, 6.75) at Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (0-4, 4.93)
Thursday, May 23 (7:00 p.m.): Lake County RH Shane McCarthy (4-3, 4.20) at Dayton RH Jared Solomon (0-2, 3.48)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 20, 2019
- Nuts Rally to Force Extras, Fall in 10th - Lansing Lugnuts
- Costes Comes up Clutch, Deason Dominates in 7-5 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Peoria's Fast Start is Too Much for Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Captains Stop Dragons Comeback Effort, Edge Dayton 3-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Herrera Homers as Chiefs Beat Rattlers 7-4 - Peoria Chiefs
- TinCaps to Unveil POW/MIA Chair at Parkview Field on Friday - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Rijo, Kernels Blank Bees Monday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Weathers Returns, and Offense Provides Support in TinCaps Victory - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Benson Captures Second Player of the Week Award - Lake County Captains
- Andrew Cabezas Named MWL and Twins Pitcher of the Week - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 20 vs. South Bend (Game 41) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Gabe Snyder activated from Temporary Inactive List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- South Bend Cubs to Co-Host Military Appreciation Week - South Bend Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons to Conduct Auditions for Green Team, Mascot Performers, On-Field Hosts on November 2
- Dragons 2019 Attendance Ranks #9 Among 160 MiLB Teams
- Dragons President Robert Murphy Selected as Ballpark Digest Baseball Executive of the Year
- Dayton Dragons 2019 Season in Review
- Dragons Notch Walk-Off Win in Season Finale