TinCaps to Unveil POW/MIA Chair at Parkview Field on Friday
FORT WAYNE, Ind. - The TinCaps are set to unveil a special chair at Parkview Field dedicated to Prisoners of War and military members Missing in Action. The unveiling is scheduled to take place on Friday, May 24 (10 a.m.).
In dedicating the POW/MIA Chair, the TinCaps have partnered with the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution-Mary Penrose Wayne Chapter.
The unveiling at Parkview Field on May 24 will take place on the first-base side of the ballpark. The chair will be located at the top of Section 102 on the main concourse. TinCaps President Mike Nutter will speak at the dedication, along with Linda Stafford, Mary Penrose Wayne Chapter Regent. The public is welcomed to attend.
"We're thankful for the Mary Penrose Wayne Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution for assisting us with this project," Nutter said. "We wouldn't be able to provide the entertainment we do at Parkview Field without the sacrifices made by our nation's military. We're indebted to those who've given their lives for our freedom."
The POW/MIA Chair is black with an adjoining plaque that reads: "Since World War I, more than 92,000 American soldiers are unaccounted for. This unoccupied seat is dedicated to the memory of those brave men and women and to the sacrifices each made in serving this country. God bless you. God bless America."
The TinCaps also continue to pay tribute to our nation's military with Military Salutes throughout the season and Military Appreciation Night on Aug. 19 .
The Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) was founded in 1890 and headquartered in Washington, D.C. DAR is a non-profit, non-political volunteer women's service organization dedicated to promoting patriotism, preserving American history, and securing America's future through better education for children. The Mary Penrose Wayne Chapter was first organized in 1901. The chapter name was chosen to honor the wife of General Anthony Wayne.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 20, 2019
- Nuts Rally to Force Extras, Fall in 10th - Lansing Lugnuts
- Costes Comes up Clutch, Deason Dominates in 7-5 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Peoria's Fast Start is Too Much for Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Captains Stop Dragons Comeback Effort, Edge Dayton 3-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Herrera Homers as Chiefs Beat Rattlers 7-4 - Peoria Chiefs
- TinCaps to Unveil POW/MIA Chair at Parkview Field on Friday - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Rijo, Kernels Blank Bees Monday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Weathers Returns, and Offense Provides Support in TinCaps Victory - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Benson Captures Second Player of the Week Award - Lake County Captains
- Andrew Cabezas Named MWL and Twins Pitcher of the Week - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Notes for Monday - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 20 vs. South Bend (Game 41) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Gabe Snyder activated from Temporary Inactive List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- South Bend Cubs to Co-Host Military Appreciation Week - South Bend Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.