Fuel Agree to NHL Affiliation Extension with the Chicago Blackhawks
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel and the Chicago Blackhawks announced today that they have agreed to terms on a three-year affiliation extension with the Chicago Blackhawks, their primary NHL affiliate for the past five years. The agreement runs through the 2021-22 campaign.
"The Chicago Blackhawks have been an incredible organization to work with over the years," Fuel President and Chief Operating Officer Larry McQueary said. "We are excited to continue that partnership in developing and growing high level talent to pass through the franchise system."
The Fuel became the Chicago Blackhawks ECHL affiliate on April 1, 2014 when they were the 23rd team to join the league. Since then the Fuel have had many players sign to Blackhawks contracts, including former Fuel goaltender Collin Delia. Delia became the first Indy player to see action with the NHL Chicago Blackhawks on March 29 as he recorded his first NHL victory with 25 saves in the Blackhawks win over the Winnipeg Jets.
In the 2018-2019 season Delia played in 16 games finishing with a 6-4-3 record, a 3.61 goals against average and a .908 save percentage. Delia signed to a three year contract extension with the Blackhawks back in February that will run through the 2021-2022 season.
Full season ticket plans are now on sale for the Fuel's 6th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan - grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2018-19 season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 2, 2019
- Solar Bears Shut out by Everblades in Game 4 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - May 2 - ECHL
- Royals' MacDonald Named ECHL Equipment Manager of the Year - Reading Royals
- Reading's MacDonald Receives ECHL Equipment Manager of the Year Award Presented by Warrior Hockey - ECHL
- Steelheads Game 5 Tickets for Friday on Sale Now - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Agree to NHL Affiliation Extension with the Chicago Blackhawks - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Extend Postseason, Force Game 5 with 4-2 Win over Oilers - Idaho Steelheads
- Idaho Avoids Sweep and Forces Game 5 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.