Frazier's 32-Points Lead Vipers to Road Win against Kings
STOCKTON, California - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers (7-18) defeated the Stockton Kings (13-9) 132-114 on Tuesday night.
The Vipers claimed an early lead while the Kings could not catch up as they trailed the entire game.
Houston Rockets two-way player Michael Frazier led the squad with 32 points and added six rebounds and four assists while shooting 12-20 from the field and 6-12 beyond the arc. Ray Spalding earned a double-double tonight with 14 points and 12 rebounds.
Five other Vipers players hit the double-digits; Brandon Sampson (11), Rockets two-way player William Howard (17), Isaiah Taylor (15), from off the bench Sindarius Thornwell (14) and Kerwin Roach (15). Thornwell also contributed six rebounds and eight assists.
Meanwhile, five players scored in the double figures for Stockton; Cody Demps (23), Sacramento Kings two-way player DaQuan Jeffries (16), Kings two-way player Kyle Guy (19), Isaiah Canaan (24) and Eric Mika (14). Mika earned a double-double with his 14 points and 10 rebounds adding three assists.
The Vipers shot 58.7 percent tonight from the field and 47.2 percent from beyond the arc. The Kings shot 44.0 percent from the field while shooting 40.0 percent from the 3-point line.
The Vipers will face the South Bay Lakers on the road on Saturday, January 11 at 7:00 p.m. CT. For more information, contact the RGV Vipers at 956-56-ARENA or visit www.rgvipers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2020
- Drive's Impressive Shooting Secures Win over Nets - Grand Rapids Drive
- Mad Ants Acquire Daxter Miles Jr. from Northern Arizona - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NAZ Suns Acquire Ike Nwamu in Trade with Mad Ants - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars Return to Utah for Three-Game Homestand - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stockton Kings Guard Gabe Vincent Signs with the Miami Heat - Stockton Kings
- Heat Sign Gabe Vincent to Two-Way Contract; Waive Daryl Macon - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stockton Kings Drop Game to Rio Grande Valley Vipers 132-114 - Stockton Kings
- Hot Shooting Stars Take Down Clippers - Salt Lake City Stars
- Frazier's 32-Points Lead Vipers to Road Win against Kings - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Clips Struggle against Hot Stars - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley Vipers Stories
- Vipers Update Regarding G League Suspension
- Vipers Statement on NBA Suspending Season
- Iowa Over-Powers Vipers
- RGV Vipers Weekly Update: March 9-15
- Hartenstein Posts 34-Points in Vipers Win over Suns