Drive's Impressive Shooting Secures Win over Nets
GRAND RAPIDS, MI - The Grand Rapids Drive turned up the heat early on, beginning the night on a 14-0 run over the visiting Nets. The home team paced a diverse scoring attack the entire night, shooting 51% (42-82) from the field and 56% (14-25) from beyond the three-point line that resulted in a final score of 114-98 for Grand Rapids.
Drive big man Adam Woodbury dominated the paint with an impressive 8 offensive boards while also serving as the leading scorer with 24 points, going 9-12 from the field, and adding 9 total rebounds on the night. Double-double machine Donta Hall earned his second straight double-double, finishing with 19 points, 13 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 blocks. Pistons two-way player Jordan Bone racked up another Drive double-double with 17 points, 10 assists and 3 steals. Other Drive players in double figures for Grand Rapids were Todd Withers (12 points, on an efficient 4-6 from deep), Devon Baulkman (12 points) and Dakarai Allen (10 points).
C.J. Williams was a bright spot for the visiting Nets, earning a team-high 16 points, 4 assists and 3 rebounds. Devin Cannady followed up with 15 points, 3 rebounds and 2 steals. Other Nets in double figures were John Egbunu (12 points, 4 rebounds & 3 blocks), Ismael Sanogo (11 points & 4 rebounds), Jaylen Hands (10 points, 4 assists & 3 rebounds) and Ash Yacoubou (10 points & 3 rebounds).
After trailing by double digits early, the Nets were able to cut the Drive's 15-point lead to just three in the fourth quarter, but the Drive's ability to out rebound the Nets 50-32, fluid offense and aggressiveness on both ends of the court allowed the home team extend their lead back to 16 in the end.
The Nets will head to Greensboro, NC to take on the Swarm this Saturday. The Drive will leave Grand Rapids for their three-game road trip, first in Delaware to face off with the Blue Coats this Friday. Both games tip at 7 p.m. local time.
Box Score >>> http://on.nba.com/30dyWCl
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2020
- Drive's Impressive Shooting Secures Win over Nets - Grand Rapids Drive
- Mad Ants Acquire Daxter Miles Jr. from Northern Arizona - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NAZ Suns Acquire Ike Nwamu in Trade with Mad Ants - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars Return to Utah for Three-Game Homestand - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stockton Kings Guard Gabe Vincent Signs with the Miami Heat - Stockton Kings
- Heat Sign Gabe Vincent to Two-Way Contract; Waive Daryl Macon - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stockton Kings Drop Game to Rio Grande Valley Vipers 132-114 - Stockton Kings
- Hot Shooting Stars Take Down Clippers - Salt Lake City Stars
- Frazier's 32-Points Lead Vipers to Road Win against Kings - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Clips Struggle against Hot Stars - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.