Stars Return to Utah for Three-Game Homestand
SALT LAKE CITY - The Western Conference-leading Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, return to Bruin Arena to host a three-game homestand beginning on Friday, Jan. 10 against the Memphis Hustle (Memphis Grizzlies affiliate).
Friday's game is "World Record Night presented by Qualtrics," where fans will have the opportunity to attempt to beat various world records, including the marks for most T-shirts put on in a minute and most circles around the leg with a basketball in 30 seconds. The game will tip off at 7 p.m. (MT) at Bruin Arena.
The three-game homestand continues with "Luau Night presented by Nu Skin" on Saturday, Jan. 11 against the Agua Caliente Clippers (LA Clippers affiliate) at Bruin Arena at 7 p.m. (MT). The first 300 fans in attendance will receive Stars sunglasses and a lei, and luau princesses will be on hand for pictures throughout the evening.
The Stars will host the Northern Arizona Suns (Phoenix Suns affiliate) on Monday, Jan. 13 at 7 p.m. (MT) at Bruin Arena for the third and final game of their upcoming homestand. Monday night's game will feature the special "Mountain Mondays" promotion, which includes one Stars game ticket and one souvenir purple mountain cup for $15 or four tickets and two souvenir cups for $30. The limited-edition cups are reusable and may be filled with $1 soda options at all Stars games at Bruin Arena this season.
All three games of the homestand will be streamed live on NBAGLeague.com.
The Stars have won 13 of their last 15 games and currently sit atop the Western Conference with a 15-4 (.789) mark on the season. Salt Lake City boasts the league's best defense with a 99.6 defensive rating.
The roster is highlighted by Utah Jazz two-way players Justin Wright-Foreman and Jarrell Brantley, who continue to split their time between the Jazz and the Stars this season. Brantley leads the Stars with 16.9 points per game, connecting on 51.1 percent from the field to go with 7.3 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.9 steals. Wright-Foreman ranks second on the Stars in scoring, averaging 16.5 points per game to go with 2.6 rebounds and 2.5 assists. In addition, Utah Jazz players Juwan Morgan, Miye Oni and Nigel Williams-Goss have played with the Stars on assignment this season.
Tickets for the Stars' three-game homestand are still available at slcstars.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2020
- Drive's Impressive Shooting Secures Win over Nets - Grand Rapids Drive
- Mad Ants Acquire Daxter Miles Jr. from Northern Arizona - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NAZ Suns Acquire Ike Nwamu in Trade with Mad Ants - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars Return to Utah for Three-Game Homestand - Salt Lake City Stars
- Stockton Kings Guard Gabe Vincent Signs with the Miami Heat - Stockton Kings
- Heat Sign Gabe Vincent to Two-Way Contract; Waive Daryl Macon - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stockton Kings Drop Game to Rio Grande Valley Vipers 132-114 - Stockton Kings
- Hot Shooting Stars Take Down Clippers - Salt Lake City Stars
- Frazier's 32-Points Lead Vipers to Road Win against Kings - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Clips Struggle against Hot Stars - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- Stars to Participate in NBA G League Single-Site Campus
- Stars Name Nathan Peavy Head Coach
- Stars Earn NBA G League Social Responsibility/Youth Basketball Award for "Autism Awareness Night"
- Statements from the Utah Jazz and Salt Lake City Stars on the Departure of Martin Schiller
- Stars Recognized for Earning Top Record in Western Conference