Frank Mahovlich Appearance on Friday, January 31st
Abbotsford, BC - The Abbotsford Heat, in partnership with Coast Capital Savings, announced today that Hockey Hall of Famer Frank Mahovlich will be appearing at the Friday January 31st Abbotsford Heat game against the Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens). This game will also be the second "$3 $2 $1 Brew Dog and Soda" night of the season, featuring value priced food and beverages.
As part of the Abbotsford Heat Legends of Hockey series, Mahovlich will be available for autographs on the concourse of the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre (AESC) on a first come, first served basis. For fans who lead a group sale of 30 or more tickets for this game will have the opportunity to participate in an exclusive meet and greet with Mahovlich during an intermission.
Frank Mahovlich is an NHL Hall of Famer, a six-time Stanley Cup winner (1962-64, 1967, 1971, 1973), a 15 time NHL All Star (1959-65, 1966-74), and winner of the NHL's Calder Memorial Trophy (1958). In an NHL career spanning 20 seasons (1956-1974), Mahovlich recorded 533 goals, 750 assists, and 1103 points in 1181 NHL games for the Maple Leafs, Red Wings, and Canadiens. He was a three-time first team (1961,1963,1973) and six-time second team (1962, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1969, 1970) NHL All-Star. Mahovlich was also a member of Team Canada for the 1972 and 1974 Summit Series. He was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1981.
As presenting sponsor of this Legends of Hockey night, Wayne Berg, Chief Commercial Officer of Coast Capital Savings, said: "Part of Coast Capital's community commitment is to support the development of family and social connections that contribute to invigorated, healthy communities. Each year 7% of our pre-tax profits go right back into our communities. That investment is not only earmarked to strengthen social infrastructure, but to contribute to the vibrancy of the communities where we live and work. What better way to do that than get out, cheer on the Heat and meet a true hockey legend? We are all looking forward to the big game."
In addition to calling 1-877-452-HEAT (4328), fans can purchase Abbotsford Heat single game tickets at abbotsfordheat.com and the AESC box office.
The Heat are currently on a six-game road trip, and will return to the AESC to host the Utica Comets (AHL affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks) on Friday January 24th and Saturday January 25th. The Heat will then host the Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens) on Friday January 31st and Saturday February 1st.
Coast Capital Savings Credit Union is Canada's largest credit union by membership with 504,000 members, total assets under administration of $14.6 billion and 50 branches in the Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, and Vancouver Island regions of British Columbia. Product innovations include Canada's first free chequing account from a full-service financial institution and the country's most flexible mortgage product, the You're the BossÃ¢ÂÂ¢ Mortgage, which was named 2010 Mortgage of the Year by canadianmortgagetrends.com. Coast Capital offers one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate CulturesÃ¢ÂÂ¢. It is a member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Platinum Club and an Imagine Canada Caring Company. To learn more, visit www.coastcapitalsavings.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2014
- Rampage Soar Past Comets 3-2 in a Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
- Comets Fall at San Antonio in Shootout - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Reassigns Nolan Yonkman to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Phantoms Announce Transactions - Adirondack Phantoms
- Shalunov Loaned to Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Trupp Loaned to the Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- IceHogs Roll Through Weekend Set - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Lightning Reassign Cedrick Desjardins to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Detroit Sends Marchenko to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Red-Hot Bulldogs Host Comets this Saturday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Corrado Returns to the Comets - Utica Comets
- IceCaps Receive Prestigious St. John Ambulance Award - St. John's IceCaps
- Crunch Goaltender Kristers Gudlevskis Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse's Kristers Gudlevskis Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Comets Corner: Lake Placid - Utica Comets
- Gameday: Comets at San Antonio - Utica Comets
- Frank Mahovlich Appearance on Friday, January 31st - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Taking Care Of The Top Teams - Hershey Bears
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Binghamton Announces Roster Moves - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Stop Monsters 6-5 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.