Four Unanswered Lift Cyclones to Victory
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones (6-2-2-0) earned a 4-1 victory over the Wheeling Nailers on Wednesday night. Forward Pascal Aquin, Justin Vaive, Brady Vail, and Mike Marnell lit the lamp for Cincinnati, who have outscored their opponents, 17-5, in their last three wins.
After the Nailers took a 1-0 lead after the first period on a goal from Zac Lynch, Cincinnati tied the game 17:41 into the second when Aquin slammed home a rebound off a shot from defenseman Mitch Jones , evening the game, 1-1. Cincinnati took the lead 27 seconds later while on the power play, when Vaive redirected a shot from forward Jesse Schultz to put the Cyclones ahead, 2-1, after two periods.
In the third, the Cyclones increased their lead by a pair when Vail took a pass from forward Alex Wideman, blew by a defender in the left circle, and slid the puck between the legs of Nailers goaltender John Muse to put the Cyclones ahead, 3-1. Cincinnati capped off the evening at the 17:29 mark of the period when Marnell tucked in an empty-netter to seal the Cyclones 4-1 win.
Cincinnati outshot Wheeling, 27-23 on the evening, with goaltender Michael Houser stopping 22 in the win. The Cyclones host the Indy Fuel on Friday night. The face-off is slated for 7:35pm ET.
The 2018-19 season is HERE, and the Cincinnati Cyclones want YOU along for the ride!Single game, Group, and Season Tickets are on sale NOW by calling (513) 421-PUCK!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 7, 2018
- Four Unanswered Lift Cyclones to Victory - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Fight Hard, But Fall in Cincinnati - Wheeling Nailers
- A New Day: Mariners Get First Road Win in Reading - Maine Mariners
- Adirondack Win Streak Halted with 5-1 Loss to Brampton - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Stymied vs. Maine, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Railers Drop Franchise High Fifth Straight in 5-2 Loss in Newfoundland - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Win 4th Straight with Victory over Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Moose Assign Defenseman to IceMen - Jacksonville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - November 7 - ECHL
- Marchment Leads Grizzlies to 5-4 Road Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Ethan McClean Is Coming to America to Meet the Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Loses 5-4 to Utah in Kids Day Game - Wichita Thunder
- Hunter Fejes Receives PTO from Rockford IceHogs - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, November 7 - Wheeling Nailers
- IceMen Welcome 8,000 Local Students - Jacksonville IceMen
- Solar Bears Stick to Reading Back for 2018-19 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Worcester Railers HC Bolsters Corporate Partnerships Department - Worcester Railers HC
- Reading Seeks 4th Straight Win, Maine Visits for First Time - Reading Royals
- Americans Fall to KC 4-1 - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cincinnati Cyclones Stories
- Cyclones Come up Short in Game 5
- Cyclones Game Preview: 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 5 vs. Kalamazoo
- Cyclones Come Back in Special Teams-Fueled Win
- Cyclones Game Preview: 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 4 vs. Kalamazoo
- Cyclones Offense Back on Track with Game 3 Win