Four Unanswered Lift Cyclones to Victory
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones (6-2-2-0) earned a 4-1 victory over the Wheeling Nailers on Wednesday night. Forward Pascal Aquin, Justin Vaive, Brady Vail, and Mike Marnell lit the lamp for Cincinnati, who have outscored their opponents, 17-5, in their last three wins.
After the Nailers took a 1-0 lead after the first period on a goal from Zac Lynch, Cincinnati tied the game 17:41 into the second when Aquin slammed home a rebound off a shot from defenseman Mitch Jones , evening the game, 1-1. Cincinnati took the lead 27 seconds later while on the power play, when Vaive redirected a shot from forward Jesse Schultz to put the Cyclones ahead, 2-1, after two periods.
In the third, the Cyclones increased their lead by a pair when Vail took a pass from forward Alex Wideman, blew by a defender in the left circle, and slid the puck between the legs of Nailers goaltender John Muse to put the Cyclones ahead, 3-1. Cincinnati capped off the evening at the 17:29 mark of the period when Marnell tucked in an empty-netter to seal the Cyclones 4-1 win.
Cincinnati outshot Wheeling, 27-23 on the evening, with goaltender Michael Houser stopping 22 in the win. The Cyclones host the Indy Fuel on Friday night. The face-off is slated for 7:35pm ET.
The 2018-19 season is HERE, and the Cincinnati Cyclones want YOU along for the ride!Single game, Group, and Season Tickets are on sale NOW by calling (513) 421-PUCK!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 7, 2018
- Four Unanswered Lift Cyclones to Victory - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Fight Hard, But Fall in Cincinnati - Wheeling Nailers
- A New Day: Mariners Get First Road Win in Reading - Maine Mariners
- Adirondack Win Streak Halted with 5-1 Loss to Brampton - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Stymied vs. Maine, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Railers Drop Franchise High Fifth Straight in 5-2 Loss in Newfoundland - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Win 4th Straight with Victory over Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Moose Assign Defenseman to IceMen - Jacksonville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - November 7 - ECHL
- Marchment Leads Grizzlies to 5-4 Road Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Ethan McClean Is Coming to America to Meet the Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Loses 5-4 to Utah in Kids Day Game - Wichita Thunder
- Hunter Fejes Receives PTO from Rockford IceHogs - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, November 7 - Wheeling Nailers
- IceMen Welcome 8,000 Local Students - Jacksonville IceMen
- Solar Bears Stick to Reading Back for 2018-19 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Worcester Railers HC Bolsters Corporate Partnerships Department - Worcester Railers HC
- Reading Seeks 4th Straight Win, Maine Visits for First Time - Reading Royals
- Americans Fall to KC 4-1 - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.