Adirondack Win Streak Halted with 5-1 Loss to Brampton
BRAMPTON, ON - Peter MacArthur scored the game's opening goal but the Brampton Beast responded with five straight to top Adirondack by a 5-1 final on Wednesday night at the CAA Center in Ontario.
MacArthur got the Thunder started with a power-play tally at 9:53 of the first period. Shane Conacher controlled the puck at the top of the faceoff circle and fed James Henry to the side of the Brampton net. Henry fed MacArthur with a back-door feed for his fifth tally of the year. The assist was Henry's eighteenth point of the season, matching him with Utah's Caleb Herbert for the ECHL lead.
Brandon Marino responded for the Beast with a power-play goal of his own less than five minutes later. Marino found a loose puck in front of the net that had deflected off a Thunder defenseman and flipped it into the cage past a diving Cam Johnson for his third score of the year.
Neither side scored again until the third period was nearly halfway over. Brampton put the game out of reach with three goals in span of 2:08. Anthony Bearuregard, David Pacan and Jordan Henry all scored for the Beast and those three skaters were named the Three Stars of the game.
Matt Petgrave made it a 5-1 final as he potted an empty-net goal with 11 seconds remaining.
Cam Johnson made his third consecutive start in net for the Thunder finishing with 30 saves on 34 shots. Beast goalie Jake Paterson turned aside 31 of 32 to collect his third win of the season.
Adirondack returns home to take on the Reading Royals for the first time this season on Friday evening at Cool Insuring Arena in Glens Falls. Puck drop is slated for 7:00 p.m.
Images from this story
Adirondack Thunder forward Dennis Kravchenko
Adirondack Thunder forward Shane Conacher vs. the Brampton Beast
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 7, 2018
- Four Unanswered Lift Cyclones to Victory - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Fight Hard, But Fall in Cincinnati - Wheeling Nailers
- A New Day: Mariners Get First Road Win in Reading - Maine Mariners
- Adirondack Win Streak Halted with 5-1 Loss to Brampton - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Stymied vs. Maine, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Railers Drop Franchise High Fifth Straight in 5-2 Loss in Newfoundland - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Win 4th Straight with Victory over Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Moose Assign Defenseman to IceMen - Jacksonville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - November 7 - ECHL
- Marchment Leads Grizzlies to 5-4 Road Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Ethan McClean Is Coming to America to Meet the Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder Loses 5-4 to Utah in Kids Day Game - Wichita Thunder
- Hunter Fejes Receives PTO from Rockford IceHogs - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, November 7 - Wheeling Nailers
- IceMen Welcome 8,000 Local Students - Jacksonville IceMen
- Solar Bears Stick to Reading Back for 2018-19 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Worcester Railers HC Bolsters Corporate Partnerships Department - Worcester Railers HC
- Reading Seeks 4th Straight Win, Maine Visits for First Time - Reading Royals
- Americans Fall to KC 4-1 - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Thunder Home Point Streak Ends with 4-1 Loss to Brampton
- Four-Goal Second Period Leads Thunder to 6-2 Win over Nailers
- Aurora Games Bringing International Women's Hockey to Glens Falls
- Edwardh's Hat Trick Leads Thunder to 5-3 Win over Nailers
- Alex Sakellaropoulos Returned from Loan to Utica