Flames Reassign Aulie
Brandon, Manitoba -- The Western Hockey League's Brandon Wheat Kings plan to have veteran defenceman Keith Aulie back in town later today as they continue preparations for Friday's Home Opener against the visiting Regina Pats.
Aulie was reassigned to Brandon Tuesdaya night by the National Hockey League's Calgary Flames. The 6'6" 222 lb Rouleau, Saskatchewan product was the Flames' fourth round pick in the 2007 Entry Draft.
A former first round bantam draft choice of the Wheat Kings, Aulie is coming off a solid 2007-08 season in Brandon that saw him score five goals and 17 points in 72 regular season games.
In addition to attending Flames camp this fall, he participated in the National Junior Team's Development Camp in August.
The move leaves the Wheat Kings with three players still away at NHL camps - defenceman Colby Robak (Florida Panthers), Matt McCue (St. Louis Blues) and Matt Calvert (Columbus Blue Jackets).
Robak was Florida's second round pick in last June's Entry Draft while Calvert was taken in the fifth round by the Jackets.
Tickets to Friday's Coca Cola Home Opener, presented by The Brandon Sun, are on sale now at the Keystone Centre box office. Fans can also order by phone at 726-3555 or online at ticketmaster.ca
Fans are encouraged to come early Friday night for a special pre-game Tailgate Party, hosted by Montana's Cookhouse in support of the CIBC Run for the Cure campaign as well as player introductions.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 17, 2008
- Tony Aasman Passes - Prince Albert Raiders
- Rebels Make Deal With Regina - Red Deer Rebels
- Aulie Named Captain - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Handful of tickets still available for Dairy Queen Home Opener Friday - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Pats Pull Trigger on a Pair of Deals - Regina Pats
- WHL Dedicates 43rd Regular Season to Ed Chynoweth - WHL
- WHL Commissioner Ron Robison Launches 2008-09 WHL Regular Season - WHL
- Donny Parenteau to Sing Anthem at Home Opener - Saskatoon Blades
- Raiders Resolve Overage Dilemma, Ship Jagow to Seattle - Prince Albert Raiders
- T-Birds Acquire Jagow From Prince Albert - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Flames Reassign Aulie - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.