Tony Aasman Passes
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan - It is with deep sympathy the Prince Albert Raiders announce that Tony Aasman, father of 16 year-old defenceman Ryan Aasman, passed away at 12:20 AM today in Medicine Hat after a lengthy battle with cancer. Ryan, his mother Jaylene and his sister Jayna were at Tony's side at the time of passing.
Last Tuesday the Medicine Hat Tigers hosted the Raiders in the "Tony Aasman Benefit Game" at the Medicine Hat Arena which raised $28,000 for the Aasman family.
Tony Aasman, who was born January 20, 1961, was a driving force behind many minor hockey initiatives in Medicine Hat that included Ryan as he was growing up.
The Prince Albert Raiders Hockey Club, along with the entire Western Hockey League expresses their deepest condolences to Ryan and the Aasman Family.
The funeral is Monday, September 22 at 1:00 PM at The Kinplex, Medicine Hat, Alberta.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 17, 2008
- Tony Aasman Passes - Prince Albert Raiders
- Rebels Make Deal With Regina - Red Deer Rebels
- Aulie Named Captain - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Handful of tickets still available for Dairy Queen Home Opener Friday - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Pats Pull Trigger on a Pair of Deals - Regina Pats
- WHL Dedicates 43rd Regular Season to Ed Chynoweth - WHL
- WHL Commissioner Ron Robison Launches 2008-09 WHL Regular Season - WHL
- Donny Parenteau to Sing Anthem at Home Opener - Saskatoon Blades
- Raiders Resolve Overage Dilemma, Ship Jagow to Seattle - Prince Albert Raiders
- T-Birds Acquire Jagow From Prince Albert - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Flames Reassign Aulie - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.