WHL Commissioner Ron Robison Launches 2008-09 WHL Regular Season
September 17, 2008 - Western Hockey League (WHL) News Release
Calgary, AB -- Ron Robison, Commissioner of the Western Hockey League, today officially launched the 2008-09 WHL Regular Season via WHL WEB TV video release, from Calgary, Alberta. The WHL opens its 43rd Regular Season on Thursday, September 18th as the Memorial Cup Champion and WHL Champion Spokane Chiefs begin defense of their titles in Cranbrook, British Columbia against the Kootenay Ice. The game will be broadcast LIVE across Western Canada on the SHAW television network and available to Comcast customers in the Spokane area starting at 7:00 pm MT.
Click on the link below to watch the WHL WEB TV video release.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 17, 2008
- Tony Aasman Passes - Prince Albert Raiders
- Rebels Make Deal With Regina - Red Deer Rebels
- Aulie Named Captain - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Handful of tickets still available for Dairy Queen Home Opener Friday - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Pats Pull Trigger on a Pair of Deals - Regina Pats
- WHL Dedicates 43rd Regular Season to Ed Chynoweth - WHL
- WHL Commissioner Ron Robison Launches 2008-09 WHL Regular Season - WHL
- Donny Parenteau to Sing Anthem at Home Opener - Saskatoon Blades
- Raiders Resolve Overage Dilemma, Ship Jagow to Seattle - Prince Albert Raiders
- T-Birds Acquire Jagow From Prince Albert - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Flames Reassign Aulie - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.