Donny Parenteau to Sing Anthem at Home Opener
The Saskatoon Blades, along with major media partner 92.9 The Bull, are pleased to announce that award winning artist Donny Parenteau will be singing Oh Canada at the Blades home opener on Friday night.
From 2003 to 2006, Donny was awarded 7 Saskatchewan Country Music Association Awards for his writing and performing accomplishments; in conjunction with those honours, Donny was nominated at the 2005 Canadian Aboriginal Music Awards for "Producer of the Year", only to be topped by being nominated at the 2006 Canadian Country Music Association Awards for 'Fiddle Player of the Year'. Donny's third CD, What It Takes co-produced by Steve Fox and signed to a distribution deal with Landwash Distribution, launched to tremendous Canadian and US appeal and music reviews in October 2006.
In 1 year, from April 2007 to April 2008, Donny Parenteau has demonstrated that hard work does pay off with 28 music nominations to his credit in the music award shows that he qualified for. In 1 year, Donny took home 14 music awards in various categories without record labels, booking agents or video protocols often assumed in the music industry.
For more information on Donny Parenteau, visit his official website at donnyparenteau.net. Photo and information courtesy donnyparenteau.net.
Also taking place at this year's home opener is the giveaway of an all inclusive trip for 2 to Las Vegas. One lucky fan in attendance will take home the prize courtesy of Marlin Travel in Lawson Heights Mall.
Tickets to this year's home opener can be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at 938-7800 or via ticketmaster.ca.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 17, 2008
- Tony Aasman Passes - Prince Albert Raiders
- Rebels Make Deal With Regina - Red Deer Rebels
- Aulie Named Captain - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Handful of tickets still available for Dairy Queen Home Opener Friday - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Pats Pull Trigger on a Pair of Deals - Regina Pats
- WHL Dedicates 43rd Regular Season to Ed Chynoweth - WHL
- WHL Commissioner Ron Robison Launches 2008-09 WHL Regular Season - WHL
- Donny Parenteau to Sing Anthem at Home Opener - Saskatoon Blades
- Raiders Resolve Overage Dilemma, Ship Jagow to Seattle - Prince Albert Raiders
- T-Birds Acquire Jagow From Prince Albert - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Flames Reassign Aulie - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.