Pats Pull Trigger on a Pair of Deals
Regina, Saskatchewan - Regina Pats General Manager, Brent Parker, had a busy afternoon pulling off a pair of trades. He sent defenceman Dallas Jackson to the Prince George Cougars in exchange for a 4th round draft pick in 2010. Jackson was originally acquired in a trade with the Red Deer Rebels in January of 2008, in a deal that saw Juraj Valach and Troy Ofukany head to Red Deer.
The second trade of the day had the Pats sending their 6th round pick in 2009 and 5th round pick in 2010 to the Red Deer Rebels. In return, the Pats receive a pair of defencemen in 18 year-old Mike Scarborough and 17 year-old Dominc Perrault.
Regina Pats General Manager Brent Parker explains, "These moves help us with our depth at the defense position in age groups where we were thin. Dallas will get more of an opportunity to play in PG while Mike and Dom will add some size to our back end."
With Colten Teubert (LA) and Matt Delahey (NJ) away at NHL camps, both Scarborough and Perrault could see their first action with the Pats this weekend against the Brandon Wheat Kings. The season kicks off Friday night in Brandon, with the home opener Sunday afternoon at 2pm at the Brandt Centre.
2008-09 Regina Pats season tickets are currently on sale at the Pats Office, located at the west end of the Brandt Centre. Call 522-PATS to reserve your seat for the upcoming season of Regina Pats Hockey.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 17, 2008
- Tony Aasman Passes - Prince Albert Raiders
- Rebels Make Deal With Regina - Red Deer Rebels
- Aulie Named Captain - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Handful of tickets still available for Dairy Queen Home Opener Friday - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Pats Pull Trigger on a Pair of Deals - Regina Pats
- WHL Dedicates 43rd Regular Season to Ed Chynoweth - WHL
- WHL Commissioner Ron Robison Launches 2008-09 WHL Regular Season - WHL
- Donny Parenteau to Sing Anthem at Home Opener - Saskatoon Blades
- Raiders Resolve Overage Dilemma, Ship Jagow to Seattle - Prince Albert Raiders
- T-Birds Acquire Jagow From Prince Albert - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Flames Reassign Aulie - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.