FC Dallas Trades Maxi Urruti to Montreal Impact
Frisco, Texas - FC Dallas has traded forward Maxi Urruti to Montreal Impact in exchange for Montreal's first-round pick in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft (No. 10 overall) and $75,000 in Targeted Allocation Money.
FC Dallas will also retain 50 percent of any transfer value on Maxi outside of MLS before the first game of the 2019 season with additional future considerations beyond that.
"I want to thank Maxi for his three seasons in Dallas," said FC Dallas President Dan Hunt. "The passion he brought to this team and the joy he gave our fans on the field made for a phenomenal gameday experience."
Urruti, 27, scored 29 goals and 20 assists in 95 appearances for FC Dallas. He was drafted first overall by FC Dallas in Stage One of the 2015 MLS Re-Entry Draft. He helped FC Dallas win its first Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup in 19 years, scoring twice in the 4-2 win over the New England Revolution in the Final on Sept. 13, 2016, and was instrumental in capturing the club's first Supporters' Shield a month later. He scored a career-high 12 goals in the 2017 season and tallied a career-high 11 assists during the 2018 season. FC Dallas went 32-4-9 across all competitions when Urruti scored or assisted since his club debut in 2016.
Urruti began his professional career in Argentina with Newell's Old Boys, after developing in the club's youth system, appearing in 56 appearances and scoring 12 goals with the first-division club.
Urruti signed with Toronto FC on August 16, 2013 but made two appearances before being traded to the Portland Timbers three weeks later. He appeared in 65 games for the Timbers, recorded 15 goals and five assists in 2,577 minutes and helped Portland win the 2015 MLS Cup.
Full Name: Maximiliano Urruti
Date of Birth: February 22, 1991
Hometown: Rosario, Argentina
Birthplace: Rosario, Argentina
Transaction: FC Dallas trades forward Maxi Urruti to Montreal Impact.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 9, 2018
- Orlando City Acquires 2019 Third Round Pick from Vancouver - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City SC Acquires Forward Tesho Akindele from FC Dallas - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Announce Year-End Roster Moves - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Trades Maxi Urruti to Montreal Impact - FC Dallas
- Impact Acquires Argentine Striker Maximiliano Urruti - Montreal Impact
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Keepers Maxime CrÃ©peau and Zac MacMath, Left Back/Winger Victor "PC" Giro - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Impact Acquires Targeted Allocation Money and SuperDraft Pick from Vancouver - Montreal Impact
- Colorado Rapids Acquire Attacking Midfielder Nicolas Mezquida from Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Acquires Goalkeeper Spencer Richey - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Trades Rights to Forward Tesho Akindele to Orlando City SC - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire Acquires Forward Fabian Herbers - Chicago Fire
- Philadelphia Union Acquire 2019 MLS SuperDraft Pick from Chicago Fire - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Conclude 2018 Campaign with Second MLS Cup Appearance in Four Seasons - Portland Timbers
- 2018 MLS CUP: Atlanta United 2, Portland Timbers 0 Postgame Notes - MLS
- Atlanta United Win MLS Cup, Defeat Portland Timbers 2-0 - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.