Explorers Fall 8-0 To Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, SD-----Sioux Falls righthander Ben Moore threw a three-hit shutout Thursday as the Canaries blanked the Explorers 8-0.
The three hits recorded by the Explorers were the fewest hits in a game this season by the X's as Sioux City dropped their third straight contest.
The Explorers didn't have a hit until Sam Judah singled with two outs in the fifth inning. Leugim Barroso and Anthony Kaskadden had the other two hits.
Moore, in winning his sixth game of the season, struck out seven and walked only one batter in throwing 95 pitches in the nine inning complete game.
Sioux Falls scored single runs in the first, second, fourth and fifth innings off losing pitcher Ryan Lucero. The Canaries put the contest away in the sixth inning when they scored four runs.
The Explorers and Sioux Falls will meet again Friday at Sioux Falls Stadium in the third game of the series with game time set for 7:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 12, 2013
- Wingnuts' Winning Streak Reaches Eight - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs Shutout Again, Fall to Saints 5-0 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Back-To-Back Shutout for Saints as They Blank AirHogs 5-0 - St. Paul Saints
- Champion, Canaries Shut out Xs for Fourth Straight Win - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Explorers Drop Fourth Straight - Sioux City Explorers
- RailCats Make A Biggs Addition - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Sox and Suddenlink to Honor Babe Ruth - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 12th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Results - AA
- Rookie Scoles Helps Wingnuts Win Seventh Straight - Wichita Wingnuts
- All-Time Wins Leader Purchased by Braves - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wild Pitch Leads Lemurs to Victory - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Fall 8-0 To Sioux Falls - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.