AirHogs Shutout Again, Fall to Saints 5-0
Grand Prairie- Grand Prairie (28-23) could only muster three hits as they fell to the St. Paul Saints 5-0 Friday night at QuikTrip Park. The AirHogs were held run-less against the Saints for the second straight night. The three hits were split amongst Brian Myrow, Andres Rodriguez and Rian Kiniry. The AirHogs were able to draw six walks to put some more runners on base but none made it across home.
Pitching in the loss was Josh Strawn (6-3) who went eight innings allowing three runs on 10 hits. Strawn struck out one Saint. Jakob Cunningham gave up a two-run home run in the ninth but settled down and finished the game. Cunningham also struck out a Saint.
Saturday night at QuikTrip Park will be Game 3 between the AirHogs and the Saints. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 P.M. After the game will be a spectacular fireworks display for Saturday night fireworks.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 12, 2013
- Wingnuts' Winning Streak Reaches Eight - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs Shutout Again, Fall to Saints 5-0 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Back-To-Back Shutout for Saints as They Blank AirHogs 5-0 - St. Paul Saints
- Champion, Canaries Shut out Xs for Fourth Straight Win - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Explorers Drop Fourth Straight - Sioux City Explorers
- RailCats Make A Biggs Addition - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Sox and Suddenlink to Honor Babe Ruth - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 12th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Results - AA
- Rookie Scoles Helps Wingnuts Win Seventh Straight - Wichita Wingnuts
- All-Time Wins Leader Purchased by Braves - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wild Pitch Leads Lemurs to Victory - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Fall 8-0 To Sioux Falls - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs