Sox and Suddenlink to Honor Babe Ruth
99 years ago this week, on July 11th, 1914, George Herman Ruth played his first major league game. On July 20th, 2013 the Amarillo Sox and Suddenlink are going to celebrate the career of Babe Ruth. Suddenlink will be handing out commemorative cups with enjoyable facts on them about the Babe. During the game our PA announcer will be announcing facts about the Babe that you might not know. The two highlights of the night will be a jersey auction of the jerseys that the Amarillo Sox players and coaching staff will be wearing. Gold jerseys with pinstripes and a number 3 on the sleeve to honor the Babe. The auction will run thru the 8th inning and the winners will get their jerseys from the players after the game on the field. The proceeds from the auction will go to the Turn Center. The Turn Center is a organization dedicated to providing outstanding speech services, physical therapy, and occupational therapy to the children of the Texas Panhandle. The second highlight of the night will be a raffle where fans will be able to purchase raffle tickets for a chance to have their picture taken with or a chance to ride in the last owned car belonging to Babe Ruth. The money from the raffle is going to the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. This will a great night to honor one of the games greats and a chance to help out two great organizations who take care of our children.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 12, 2013
- Wingnuts' Winning Streak Reaches Eight - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs Shutout Again, Fall to Saints 5-0 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Back-To-Back Shutout for Saints as They Blank AirHogs 5-0 - St. Paul Saints
- Champion, Canaries Shut out Xs for Fourth Straight Win - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Explorers Drop Fourth Straight - Sioux City Explorers
- RailCats Make A Biggs Addition - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Sox and Suddenlink to Honor Babe Ruth - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 12th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Results - AA
- Rookie Scoles Helps Wingnuts Win Seventh Straight - Wichita Wingnuts
- All-Time Wins Leader Purchased by Braves - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wild Pitch Leads Lemurs to Victory - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Fall 8-0 To Sioux Falls - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.