ESPN to Broadcast Chicago Fire at Atlanta United FC Match on Sunday
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - Major League Soccer today announced that the Chicago Fire's away match against Atlanta United FC on Sunday, Oct. 21 will be broadcast on ESPN and ESPN Deportes. Set to begin at 2:00 p.m. CT at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, the match will air in more than 170 countries worldwide. Flex broadcast scheduling during the final two weeks of the regular season allows national broadcast partners to select the most compelling matches while providing live look-ins to pivotal moments throughout the league. International broadcast partners will also carry live look-ins across the league as part of the broadcast coverage for Week 34.
The second-to-last week of the 2018 MLS regular season will consist of 22 teams in action during two broadcast windows, which will feature five simultaneous Eastern Conference matchups all kicking off at 2:00 p.m. CT before six simultaneous Western Conference games all beginning at 4:00 p.m. CT.
MLS will provide an hour of in-depth analysis during "MLS MatchDay Central," which will be hosted on MLSsoccer.com and MLS social media platforms (Facebook / Twitter / YouTube ). Pregame commentary from 1-2 p.m. CT will set the stage before the Eastern Conference matchups, with postgame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. CT following the Western Conference games to break down the final implications leading into Decision Day presented by AT&T on October 28.
The match on Oct. 21 marks the third and final meeting between the Fire and Atlanta United across all competitions in 2018. Heading into the game, the teams have split the results in the head-to-head series this season. After falling 2-1 to Atlanta United at home in regular season action on May 5, the Fire bounced back with a 1-0 win at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup on June 20.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 16, 2018
- Aaron Long Earns First Career USMNT Cap - New York Red Bulls
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Orlando City SC - October 17, 2018 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City Hosts Seattle in Penultimate Home Game - Orlando City SC
- LA Galaxy to Host Fan Appreciation Day on October 28 at StubHub Center During Final MLS Regular Season Match - Los Angeles Galaxy
- BBVA Compass Stadium to Host FÃºtbol & Football Doubleheader on Saturday, November 17 - Houston Dynamo
- By the Numbers | International Play; Season Winding Down - Orlando City SC
- Statement from Colorado Rapids Owner E. Stanley Kroenke on the Passing of Paul Allen - Colorado Rapids
- Preview: Playoff-Bound Sporting KC Visits Vancouver on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- LAFC Forward Carlos Vela Voted Alcatel MLS Player of the Week - Los Angeles FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Carlos Vela Voted Alcatel MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Know Your Opponent | Seattle Sounders - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Recall Five Players from USL Loan - Colorado Rapids
- MNUFC Announces Events for Fan Appreciation Night - Minnesota United FC
- ESPN to Broadcast Chicago Fire at Atlanta United FC Match on Sunday - Chicago Fire
- ESPN to Air MLS Soccer Sunday Doubleheader on October 21 - MLS
- Philadelphia Union to Host College Clash eSports Tournament - Philadelphia Union
- Best in Show: Atlanta, Red Bulls Pursue Supporters' Shield Supremacy - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - February 18, 2019
- Chicago Fire Draws Columbus Crew SC 1-1 in Carolina Challenge Cup
- Chicago Fire and Supporters to Stand Together in 2019
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - February 12, 2019
- Chicago Fire Acquires 2019 International Roster Spot from Minnesota United FC