Colorado Rapids Recall Five Players from USL Loan
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. - Colorado Rapids Soccer Club announced today the recall of five players from USL sides. Forward Caleb Calvert, goalkeeper Andrew Dykstra, midfielder Ricardo Perez and defender Sam Vines have been recalled from the club's USL affiliate Charlotte Independence, while midfielder Sam Hamilton returns to the Rapids from Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC.
Dykstra, 32, has played in 22 matches, all from the start, for Charlotte Independence and has four clean sheets in 2018. Forward Caleb Calvert, 21, has played a combined 1,237 minutes in 18 matches contributing with a goal and two assists for the Independence this season.
Rapids' Homegrown players Ricardo Perez and Sam Vines return to Colorado after a season-long loan with the Independence. Vines logged 2,303 minutes in 29 appearances and four assists during his first season in Charlotte. Perez amassed 189 total minutes in 14 appearances.
Hamilton, 22, has appeared in 18 matches and played 1,536 minutes for the Switchbacks, notching one assist. The 23-year-old was selected 15th overall by the Rapids in the 2017 MLS SuperDraft.
TRANSACTIONS: Colorado Rapids (MLS) - October 16, 2018 -Rapids recall Caleb Calvert, Andrew Dykstra, Ricardo Perez and Sam Vines from Charlotte Independence (USL). Rapids recall midfielder Sam Hamilton from Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC (USL).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 16, 2018
- Aaron Long Earns First Career USMNT Cap - New York Red Bulls
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Orlando City SC - October 17, 2018 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City Hosts Seattle in Penultimate Home Game - Orlando City SC
- LA Galaxy to Host Fan Appreciation Day on October 28 at StubHub Center During Final MLS Regular Season Match - LA Galaxy
- BBVA Compass Stadium to Host FÃºtbol & Football Doubleheader on Saturday, November 17 - Houston Dynamo
- By the Numbers | International Play; Season Winding Down - Orlando City SC
- Statement from Colorado Rapids Owner E. Stanley Kroenke on the Passing of Paul Allen - Colorado Rapids
- Preview: Playoff-Bound Sporting KC Visits Vancouver on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- LAFC Forward Carlos Vela Voted Alcatel MLS Player of the Week - Los Angeles FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Carlos Vela Voted Alcatel MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Know Your Opponent | Seattle Sounders - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Recall Five Players from USL Loan - Colorado Rapids
- MNUFC Announces Events for Fan Appreciation Night - Minnesota United FC
- ESPN to Broadcast Chicago Fire at Atlanta United FC Match on Sunday - Chicago Fire
- ESPN to Air MLS Soccer Sunday Doubleheader on October 21 - MLS
- Philadelphia Union to Host College Clash eSports Tournament - Philadelphia Union
- Best in Show: Atlanta, Red Bulls Pursue Supporters' Shield Supremacy - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.