Orlando City Hosts Seattle in Penultimate Home Game
Orlando City SC (7-20-4, 25 points) hosts Seattle Sounders FC (15-11-5, 50 points) on Wednesday, Oct. 17, at Orlando City Stadium. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. ET.
The match will be locally televised on WRDQ TV27 and YouTube TV. It will be transmitted in English on Real Radio 104.1 FM and in Spanish on La Nueva 990 AM.
"Obviously [Seattle is] playing with a lot of confidence. There's a couple individuals [on international duty] that they're missing," Lions head coach James O'Connor said. "They're a very good team. They've got great movement. They push fullbacks on. They play with a lovely style. It'll be a very difficult game for us."
Orlando City enters the match on short rest following Saturday's 2-0 loss at New England. The Lions were without forward Dom Dwyer, who will be available for selection Wednesday after serving a one-game suspension for yellow card accumulation.
Seattle will look to clinch a 10th consecutive playoff berth with a win on Wednesday. After picking up just three wins in their first 15 MLS games, the Sounders have won 12 of their last 16.
The Sounders will be without leading scorer Nicolás Lodeiro, who is away with the Uruguay national team, as well as Gustav Svensson (Sweden), Jordy Delem (Martinique) and Raúl Ruidíaz (Peru). The Lions will be missing Yoshimar Yotún (Peru), Amro Tarek (Egypt) and Mohamed El-Munir (Libya).
This is City's penultimate home game of the season. The Lions close their home slate against Columbus Crew SC on Sunday, Oct. 21 at 3 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 16, 2018
- Aaron Long Earns First Career USMNT Cap - New York Red Bulls
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Orlando City SC - October 17, 2018 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City Hosts Seattle in Penultimate Home Game - Orlando City SC
- LA Galaxy to Host Fan Appreciation Day on October 28 at StubHub Center During Final MLS Regular Season Match - Los Angeles Galaxy
- BBVA Compass Stadium to Host FÃºtbol & Football Doubleheader on Saturday, November 17 - Houston Dynamo
- By the Numbers | International Play; Season Winding Down - Orlando City SC
- Statement from Colorado Rapids Owner E. Stanley Kroenke on the Passing of Paul Allen - Colorado Rapids
- Preview: Playoff-Bound Sporting KC Visits Vancouver on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- LAFC Forward Carlos Vela Voted Alcatel MLS Player of the Week - Los Angeles FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Carlos Vela Voted Alcatel MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Know Your Opponent | Seattle Sounders - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Recall Five Players from USL Loan - Colorado Rapids
- MNUFC Announces Events for Fan Appreciation Night - Minnesota United FC
- ESPN to Broadcast Chicago Fire at Atlanta United FC Match on Sunday - Chicago Fire
- ESPN to Air MLS Soccer Sunday Doubleheader on October 21 - MLS
- Philadelphia Union to Host College Clash eSports Tournament - Philadelphia Union
- Best in Show: Atlanta, Red Bulls Pursue Supporters' Shield Supremacy - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.