Know Your Opponent | Seattle Sounders
City returns home for their final homestand of the 2018 season. First up, the team will host Seattle on Wednesday. Here is what you need to know about our opponents from the West:
Key Departures and Arrivals For starters, Deuce, gone. Yes, Clint Dempsey hung up his boots this year as he saw his form and minutes take a dip. Seattle will be without another key figure for this one, but it doesn't count as a departure. Jordan Morris has been out for a lengthy period of time with a knee injury.
The main addition for Seattle this season has been Peruvian Raul Ruidiaz but he will likely be out because he's on international duty with Peru and they play October 16th in East Hartford Connecticut.
Team Form Seattle has been surging as the season has rolled on in typical Seattle fashion. The Sounders currently sit in 5th in the West on 50 points and four points clear of 6th. Seattle has gone 2-2-0 after a nine-game win streak heading into Wednesday's match. Defensively, Seattle is tied for the best record in the league only allowing 33 goals.
Who's Hot Stefan Frei has been in his usual form all season making wild saves. The Sounders' keeper has eclipsed the century mark for saves so far in 2018. Meanwhile, Nico Lodeiro has been serving up assists left and right and has 12 on the year.
Head-To-Head City has an all-time record of 0-2-1 against Seattle. Last year's match ended in a 1-1 draw after late heroics from Scott Sutter.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 16, 2018
- Aaron Long Earns First Career USMNT Cap - New York Red Bulls
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Orlando City SC - October 17, 2018 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City Hosts Seattle in Penultimate Home Game - Orlando City SC
- LA Galaxy to Host Fan Appreciation Day on October 28 at StubHub Center During Final MLS Regular Season Match - Los Angeles Galaxy
- BBVA Compass Stadium to Host FÃºtbol & Football Doubleheader on Saturday, November 17 - Houston Dynamo
- By the Numbers | International Play; Season Winding Down - Orlando City SC
- Statement from Colorado Rapids Owner E. Stanley Kroenke on the Passing of Paul Allen - Colorado Rapids
- Preview: Playoff-Bound Sporting KC Visits Vancouver on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- LAFC Forward Carlos Vela Voted Alcatel MLS Player of the Week - Los Angeles FC
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Carlos Vela Voted Alcatel MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Know Your Opponent | Seattle Sounders - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Recall Five Players from USL Loan - Colorado Rapids
- MNUFC Announces Events for Fan Appreciation Night - Minnesota United FC
- ESPN to Broadcast Chicago Fire at Atlanta United FC Match on Sunday - Chicago Fire
- ESPN to Air MLS Soccer Sunday Doubleheader on October 21 - MLS
- Philadelphia Union to Host College Clash eSports Tournament - Philadelphia Union
- Best in Show: Atlanta, Red Bulls Pursue Supporters' Shield Supremacy - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.